+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Audiobook,Abridged,TWIWBTB,3_CDs,3.5_hours,ElaineC .Smith, Introduced By Susan Boyle

I have absolutely no problem understanding Susan, I think she speaks beautifully. Don't understand why you have such a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SandraLee View Post

<laughing> Indeed, you are smitten! "The sound of her voice" with no idea of what she's trying to say, seems the story of her life!

Can anyone explain why there is no problem understanding what she is saying when she sings, but SUCH problems understanding her when she speaks? Moll, did you understand what she said to you at the booksigning?

/S

I would have loved to hear Susan on the book. Her speaking voice is lyrical, almost as lovely as her singing. I have no problem understanding her unless she uses words I'm unfamiliar with, like "corpsing". Its been my experience that one's "ear" adapts to the accent and cadence after a few sentences. Hearing Susan's voice reading the book would have been heavenly.

The Woman I Was Born To Be audiobook that was released in the UK has a nice CD jewel case for 3_CDs.

The Woman I Was Born To Be audiobook that was released in the US has a flimsy thin cardboard box for the 3_CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hampsong-Ohio View Post
    The Woman I Was Born To Be audiobook that was released in the UK has a nice CD jewel case for 3_CDs.

The Woman I Was Born To Be audiobook that was released in the US has a flimsy thin cardboard box for the 3_CDs.
    they seem to like to short change the US market all the time. The Japanese people will probably have velvet lining.

Quote Originally Posted by wchisholm View Post
    I got mine today too. Elaine C. Smith does a good job but I would have much preferred to hear Susan read it herself. Maybe they will come out with an unabridged version that Susan can read!
    Do you really think Susan has enough free time do read to us? Hope so, but I would not expect her to do it.Just sayin!
    The Sun Never Sets On Susan Boyle.:rolleyes:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3