+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: We Bought Susan's Book - Where, When, What We Said

Thanks

Has anyone read this paperback version. I see it now offered on Amazon here. Is it complete and with pictures, etc.?

Formats
    Buy new
    Paperback In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
    $16.00
    $10.66

Hardcover Order in the next 19 hours to get it by Friday, Jun 10.
    $26.00
    $16.71
    "To love a person is to know the song in their heart & sing it to them when they've forgotten."
    They come, they come, to build a wall between us...we know they won't win." Don't dream it's over.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ponylady View Post
    Has anyone read this paperback version. I see it now offered on Amazon here. Is it complete and with pictures, etc.?

Formats

Buy new

Paperback In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
    $16.00
    $10.66

Hardcover Order in the next 19 hours to get it by Friday, Jun 10.
    $26.00
    $16.71

Yes, I bought the paperback version. It has all the photos inside, but the paperback version is so much cuter. The only difference is the back of the book, it has three really cute photos of Susan instead of the photo from one of her performances. I like the paperback version better, it is so much prettier.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apple2828 View Post
    Yes, I bought the paperback version. It has all the photos inside, but the paperback version is so much cuter. The only difference is the back of the book, it has three really cute photos of Susan instead of the photo from one of her performances. I like the paperback version better, it is so much prettier.
    Ah, thank you. Now I know it will be a super gift. Did not want one word left out from the original though. Thanks!
    "To love a person is to know the song in their heart & sing it to them when they've forgotten."
    They come, they come, to build a wall between us...we know they won't win." Don't dream it's over.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ponylady View Post
    Ah, thank you. Now I know it will be a super gift. Did not want one word left out from the original though. Thanks!

LOL...isn't it just the greatest fun to surprise folks with a Susagift? I still carry some of Susan's CD's in an insulated bag in my car...and just a couple of weeks ago, as I'm prone to do, something triggered me when I was in a beauty supply shop buying hairspray, and I mentioned Susan's music. The clerk's mouth dropped open in joyful surprise, as she exclaimed, "Oh...do you love her, too? SO DO I! I think she has the most angelic voice!", and she and I continued discussing our enjoyment of Susan's music. She had purchased IDAD, and loves it, but didn't realize Susan had produced THE GIFT. So, I took my purchase to the car, and returned to present her with a MEGA SURPRISE LOVE GIFT FOR HER...SUSAN'S "THE GIFT", COMPLETE WITH A STICKY BOW ON THE FRONT.

I'm glad to hear about these paperback copies of Susan's book. I've given several of the hardbound copies as special birthday gifts to close friends, and they love them.

But, my most treasured SUSAN BOOK of all, is one a couple of dear Susafriends surprised me with...autographed by Susan herself at her first book signing. I WON'T DISCLOSE THEIR NAMES, BUT THEY'LL NEVER KNOW HOW MUCH JOY THAT PRECIOUS AUTOGRAPHED COPY MEANS TO ME!
    Last edited by Trish (Pat Pierce); 06-09-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Thanks

CBs thread "Flowers for Algernon" has been a great read and has me looking deeper at the behaviour of those who "bash." On Amazon, the Customer Discussions can be heartwarming or pathetic. One sad soul has set up his profile stating his "mission in life" is to "expose" Susan Boyle as a non-talent. He will go to Amazon and buy one of each of her book or cds and then give them a "one star" review (lowest you can go.) Doesn't phase him that he is pretty much alone, although it is likely he has more than one IP and a few trolls drop in to join him and often get banned for inappropriate comments. An example from Susan's book:

There were 80 reviews on Susan's Autobiography.
    66 5 star
    9 4 star
    1 3 star
    2 2 star
    2 1 star

Same goes for her cds, although for IDAD there are 1,648 reviews (whew) with 1,258 5 star. Still he persists and gains some sick pride in the bashing. It's all he has I guess.

Thanks

Isn't it a shame that the sad soul has no accomplishments that would put him on Amazon so we could rate him.

Thanks

Can you still buy signed copies of her book at Waterstones?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soothed View Post
    Isn't it a shame that the sad soul has no accomplishments that would put him on Amazon so we could rate him.
    That's what's so sad. Every day customers vote his comments off the thread (hidden as Not Helpful) and his reviews are at the bottom and also voted on as not helpful. But he knows he has a presence there that gets attention. So most totally ignore his comments. Best way.

Thanks

I cannot wait 2 buy the book~~
    last night I see Susan's perfoermance in China‘s Got Talent, it's really fantasy~~
    http://daren.smgbb.cn/darenshipin/2807.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smgbbb View Post
    I cannot wait 2 buy the book~~
    last night I see Susan's perfoermance in China‘s Got Talent, it's really fantasy~~
    http://daren.smgbb.cn/darenshipin/2807.html
    You are in for a real treat, hope you get your book soon, it is a wonderful read.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23