+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37

Thread: Have Read Whole BookTWIWBTB BookDiscussion Thread-Don't peek if you have not read it

The UK publisher, Random House/Transworld, put up a preview of the book.
    http://rhwidget.randomhouse.co.uk/fl...6699&cb=FFFFFF
    or
    http://www.rbooks.co.uk/product.aspx?id=0593066944 - then click on “Open the Book”.
    The third page is the handwritten note by Susan. You can enlarge the page to 400% with the tools in the bottom right corner.

Honorary Susan Fan CanadianBill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by northview View Post
    The UK publisher, Random House/Transworld, put up a preview of the book.
    http://rhwidget.randomhouse.co.uk/fl...6699&cb=FFFFFF
    or
    http://www.rbooks.co.uk/product.aspx?id=0593066944 - then click on “Open the Book”.
    The third page is the handwritten note by Susan. You can enlarge the page to 400% with the tools in the bottom right corner.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fran M. View Post
    Does anyone have both the UK and US versions of the book? I do and they are a little different from each other. I'm sure the content of the book is exactly the same (I've only read the US version so far) but they are different in appearance in some ways and the UK version has a couple more things in it that the US version does not have. The jacket of the US version is glossy and the UK jacket is not, and there are also differences in the lettering on the jacket, especially on the side of the book. The books' hard covers are different from each other in color -- the US one is red and dark grey and the UK version is a solid very dark grey/almost black all over. The first blank page in the US version is white; the first blank page in the UK version is a light grey. More importantly, the next page in the UK version has a handwritten note from Susan (like she does with her notes on her CDs describing what the song means to her), whereas the US version does not have this; and another major difference is the UK version has a 6-page back-to-back-page (which amounts to 3 actual pages, since the print is on both sides of the paper) index at the back of the book, after "Acknowledgements" and the US version does not have this index; instead it has 3 blank pages. After the index at the back of the UK version, there is another grey blank page. Also, in the UK version, the photos in the book are separated into two sections (one grouping closer to the front of the book and then another grouping a bit further into the book), whereas the US version has all the photos in the center of the book. They are the same photos, though.

The note from Susan (in her handwriting) that is in the UK version and not in the US version reads:

"Hello Everybody!
    I am so happy to be able to bring my story to you all -- it's been an amazing journey.
    No matter what part of the world you are in -- the glorious landscapes of Australia, the green prettiness of the British countryside or the wild frontiers of the US, I hope you enjoy reading my book.
    Follow your dream. It's never too late.
    With my warmest wishes
    Susan Boyle" [and she draws a heart after her name]

Maybe someone from the UK could scan that note in so all can see [if it's not against copyright laws]. I don't have a scanner.
    I have both the Atria Books (US) publication and also the Bantam Books (UK) publication.

The Index in the Bantam Books publication is on pages 323-328.

I went to the Simon and Schuster website Contact, Feedback, and asked them why Atria Books did not include an index in Susan's book.

I'll buy her book sure..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37