+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Review of The Woman I Was Born To Be

Thanks
    Thanked 1,233 Times in 21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Calli View Post
    Thanks so much, corkie, for the wonderful review. I've already read Susan's book twice, and intend to read it again soon. You're right, some things remained unsaid and, therefore, some old things as well as new things (that have happened & will happen) will be in store for us to read when Susan writes another book one day. Right now, I just read that she was seen entering the recording studio in London, so she'll be busy working on her next, very looked forward to, album.
    Welcome to the Forum, Calli! I'm pleased you love Susan's book (so do I) and pleased you found us.
    Blessings & Bear Hugs
    SusaFan Squad member
    Supporting Susan in a Positive Way

Thanks

Thanks so much, corkie, for the wonderful review. I've already read Susan's book twice, and intend to read it again soon. You're right, some things remained unsaid and, therefore, some old things as well as new things (that have happened & will happen) will be in store for us to read when Susan writes another book one day. Right now, I just read that she was seen entering the recording studio in London, so she'll be busy working on her next, very looked forward to, album.
    Hi, Calli. Welcome aboard. Did you read that about Susan in the recording studio yesterday? That would be wonderful.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,746 Times in 61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trennie View Post
    Hi, Calli. Welcome aboard. Did you read that about Susan in the recording studio yesterday? That would be wonderful.
    Yes Calli, hello and welcome.
    You're new so you don't yet realize that when you hear news like that, you MUST share it with us.

SBFII Co-Administrator truusbuist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,987 Times in 68 Posts

Hi Calli, welcome to this forum, I hope to hear a lot from you.
    Wouldn't it be great if Susan would write another book someday?
    I think she'll write it if she feels she has to "prove a point" again
    Well, I am interested in everything Susan will ever write
    Treat every person with kindness and respect, even those who are rude to you. Remember that you show compassion to others not because of who they are but because of who you are.
    Author: Andrew T. Somers

Support your Forum: shop SuBo store, "Shopping" -- light blue banner at the top of the page

Thanks
    Thanked 16,677 Times in 440 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarieUrsula View Post
    Welcome to the Forum, Calli! I'm pleased you love Susan's book (so do I) and pleased you found us.
    Quote Originally Posted by trennie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyPA View Post

Yes Calli, hello and welcome.
    You're new so you don't yet realize that when you hear news like that, you MUST share it with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by truusbuist View Post

Hi Calli, welcome to this forum, I hope to hear a lot from you.
    Wouldn't it be great if Susan would write another book someday?
    I think she'll write it if she feels she has to "prove a point" again
    Well, I am interested in everything Susan will ever write
    Hi, I can't seem to find Calli's post, am very interested to read Susan was seen entering the recording studio, when was this, can someone point me in the direction of Calli's post, thanks,

SBFII Co-Administrator truusbuist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,987 Times in 68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UKSusanfanAnn View Post
    Hi, I can't seem to find Calli's post, am very interested to read Susan was seen entering the recording studio, when was this, can someone point me in the direction of Calli's post, thanks,

It is post #206 Ann
    Treat every person with kindness and respect, even those who are rude to you. Remember that you show compassion to others not because of who they are but because of who you are.
    Author: Andrew T. Somers

Support your Forum: shop SuBo store, "Shopping" -- light blue banner at the top of the page

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by corkie View Post
    Well, I finished Susan's book. It's possible to finish it in a day if you're a fast reader and you don't stop for anything.

I'm not going into any details, because I don't want to spoil anything for the rest of you, but it was even better than I expected -- and I expected a lot. I thought it was well written, but still found a couple typo's.

I laughed a lot. Susan has a unique way of telling things that just make a person burst out laughing. She also picked out some of the darnest things to put into the book. Even when I think about them now, I have to giggle. I think Piers will have a hearty laugh or two also!

Her honesty amazes me. I don't know if I could go into so much about my life. She answered questions we had wondered about. She wrote about things we never even knew about. There were still some things she left unsaid -- and that's just fine.

While I was reading I'd be giggling, then there were times I couldn't see the words on the pages because my eyes were so teary. I'll admit a few times I had to put the book aside to cry. There were bits from her childhood and a chapter about the Priory which particulary upset me. When I finally finished the book and went to bed, I didn't sleep very well. It was like I'd seen a very emotional movie and hadn't completely wound down yet. Every time I woke up, I woke up very emotional and weepy -- but then I'm an emotional person.

And -- she loves us!! She makes that perfectly clear. She even makes mention of the "pollster" fans and our efforts on her behalf (and we didn't think she noticed)! She also mentions how thrilled she is with all the gifts she receives and, of course, the wonderful quilt which I think she will treasure forever. The pictures in the book are wonderful.

I imagine this book will hit every person differently because of our different life experiences.
    It affected me deeply. Susan's unbending faith in God is unbelieveable and her determination and courage when she is absolutely terrified is amazing. I don't see how anyone can read this book and not fall in love with her (or more in love with her). It will be fun to discuss it once everyone has read it.
    I really liked reading your review. It inspired me to the point that I now want to read the book too. I love Susan's first album and listen to it over and over.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 22 Posts

Welcome, Barneydad!

Yes -- you really must read the book -- Corkie's last sentence says it all.....

"I don't see how anyone can read this book and not fall in love with her (or more in love with her)."

Will look forward to your review!
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

"The way of life go further, so not stay in the "anteroom"! Life is beautiful, but short" Jana Hamtilova

Thanks
    Thanked 7,812 Times in 131 Posts

Update......The Hospital in which Susan was born is in the news this week......

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/lo...al-set-4978050
    SusaFan Squad Member
    Supporting Susan In A Positive Way

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." (Emerson)

Thanks

Are you sure this was the hospital Susan was born it. It was the hospital her uncle was at, I believe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangour_Village_Hospital

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q7-t6lKWkE
    http://gratefulness.org/light-a-candle

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." Aesop

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast