+ Reply to Thread

Thread: June 18-24: Susa-News Summary

Default June 18-24: Susa-News Summary

We, as her adoring fans, are privileged to constantly watch and enjoy the public activities of Global Superstar, Susan Boyle. I am maintaining a daily log of the highlights of Susa-news and not editorializing toooo much. Accuracy is very important – PLEASE PM any additions and/or corrections to me. I’ve tried to credit the right Fan where possible. Please forgive my mistakes and send me a correction.

June 18-24: Some Susa-News

Provided from last week for reference, since most of this week’s Susa-News refers back to this picture:
    June 16, Friday
    1. Susan was out walking near her home in Blackburn. A picture was posted on Facebook – a woman was leading a fuzzy brown foal along the sidewalk edge; Susan was accompanied by a local black and white cat on the sidewalk in the background. http://forum.susan-boyle.com/threads...=1#post1088142

June 18, Sunday
    1. A tweet from the woman’s daughter identifying the black and white cat: “My mum and Susan Boyle with my mums foal Dixie and her wee cat Fluffy following them.” #greatpic #newpicforthefamilyalbum”

2. Thescottishsun.co.uk posted “Susan Boyle spotted taking pet cat for stroll in Blackburn behind woman walking horse” by Beverley Lyons about the origination of the picture.
    “It’s not something you’d see every day – and Blackburn resident and dad of two Derek Newall, 36, can’t believe he captured it. A relaxed looking Susan, who once sung about Wild Horses, took everything in her stride as she walked her beloved pet cat behind the pony. Derek took the unique picture right outside his house while he was gardening
    Derek was quoted: “I couldn’t believe it when I saw the horse being taken for a walk never mind Susan Boyle walking her cat. The lady with the horse had been washing it in her garden and Susan, who loves horses, just happened to be out too. I spoke to her afterwards and she gave me a wee song before going up the road. I’ve known her since I was a boy and she was very relaxed.”

3. Eveningtimes.co.uk posted “Singing sensation Susan Boyle spotted taking cat out for a walk in her home town” by Laura Forsyth.
    “A woman was seen strolling through the streets of Blackburn, West Lothian with a horse. However that's not the most unusual thing about the picture posted by resident Derek Newall on Friday. The photo also shows award winning singer Susan Boyle taking her cat out for a walk behind her along Ladeside Road.”

June 19, Monday
    1. A later tweet from the daughter: “When I was at work today they were talking about the picture on the radio. Can't believe how much everyone's talking about it!” ❤ #fluffycat

June 20, Tuesday

June 21, Wednesday

June 22, Thursday

Susan finally received the cupcake bag/purse that was her Birthday present from SBFII.

June 23, Friday

June 24, Saturday

1. Some UK news outlets posted very similar celebrity reports about Susan for their Sunday editions.
    • Mirror.co.uk/3am posted “Britain's Got Talent star Susan Boyle attacked by gang of up to 15 teen thugs by Janine Yaqoob. A few of the highlights:
    “Horrified witnesses told ¬how Britain’s Got Talent star Susan Boyle has been ¬subjected to a terrifying barrage of insults and intimidation.
    “The singer has been hounded by a gang of up to 15 youths who prey on her near her home.
    The abuse has become so bad that a spokesman for the 56-year-old singer last night said they were planning to call in police to ensure her safety – as it also emerged the gang was behind a string of attacks on other locals. One witness blasted the mob for deliberately targeting SuBo.”
    • Thesun.co.uk posted “Susan Boyle subjected to ‘horrifying’ campaign of abuse by teen gang who mock Britain’s Got Talent star and even threw burning paper in her face” by Ellie Cambridge. A few highlights:
    “A spokesman for the 56-year-old said the situation has become so bad they are planning to get police involved to make sure she is safe.
    “The gang is believed to be behind other attacks on locals and they have now been slammed for targeting the Scottish singer, who has Asperger syndrome. And when she was at a shopping mall near her home in Blackburn, West Lothian, witnesses said the gang threw insults at her before pelting her with stones on a bus.”
    • Dailymail.co.uk posted “Britain's Got Talent superstar Susan Boyle is 'attacked by a gang of 15 youths who pelted her with stones as she waited at a bus stop and called her an old ugly” b****' by Jay Akbar. A few highlights:
    “Britain's Got Talent star Susan Boyle is being cruelly taunted, intimidated and attacked by a gang of youths, it was reported last night. Witnesses have claimed singing sensation Boyle, who suffers from Asperger Syndrome, is being 'hounded' by a group of 15 young people who live near her in West Lothian, Scotland.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The revised editions of my books, Susan Boyle, Professional Singer, by 15 six month periods covering July 1, 2009 through December 31, 2016 are now available as Kindle e-Books only at Amazon, just $6.85 per eBook. They are inter-active books with the text acting as a “tour guide” with the active links to the best YouTube video and/or audio that are available of many of Susan's performances and/or interviews.
    Last edited by LucyB; 06-27-2017 at 06:19 AM. Reason: add info to June 22

Oh dear, poor lassie. I wish when the press reports anything about Susan, it would omit reference to her having Asbergers. It doesn't matter....and in this case, if the hoodlums are reeking havoc all over the area, then Susan's Asbergers has nothing to do with it. Just MHO....

Thank you LucyB for this report. I hadn't seen it before in any detail....

As usual, Lucy, you have all the facts, even though they are not what we'd like to read about Susan. Thanks for documenting news about Susan!

+ Reply to Thread