+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dec 4-10: Susa-News Summary

Default Dec 4-10: Susa-News Summary

We, as her adoring fans, are privileged to constantly watch and enjoy the public activities of Global Superstar, Susan Boyle. I am maintaining a daily log of the highlights of Susa-news and not editorializing toooo much. Accuracy is very important – PLEASE forgive any mistakes and send me a private message (PM) with any additions and/or corrections. I’ve tried to credit the right Fan where possible.

December 4-10: A fairly quiet Susa-week

December 4, Sunday

1. On Saturday, Susan was out and about although location was not noted. A note was posted on Facebook with one young fellow wishing another Happy Birthday 'from me and Subo'. http://i63.tinypic.com/aoswt0.jpg

2. English admirer posted a note about advertising for A Wonderful World in the UK: "I've just noticed that this week's Radio Times, the main magazine guide to TV and radio channels in the UK, has a half page advert for A Wonderful World! It's on page 51 in the 3rd – 9th December issue and is very striking- you really can't miss it. Add to this the TV advert and BBC radio 2 featuring AWW as album of the week and we can see that someone is doing a good job promoting Susan.”

3. Spotify monthly listeners jumped by 77,647 to a total of 807,329.

December 5, Monday
    1. Susan was at the Tesco in Edinburgh helping to celebrate their re-opening, signing and selling copies of A Wonderful World, and helping promote a charity for Radio Forth. Various tweets and comments:
    • “Great meeting @SusanBoyleHQ in @Tesco Corstorphine today supporting @forthone @Forth1CFK #missionchristmas What a lovely person she is!” http://i65.tinypic.com/xndua9.jpg
    • “EuanturnbullSubo is in my work” http://i64.tinypic.com/2v2f53o.jpg
    • “OMG Tesco’s is usually a chaotic nightmare but will be avoiding it now. Since tons of people have went just to see Subo!”
    • “Met Susan Boyle at work today.... lovely lady!!”
    • “I was just in Tesco and I saw Susan Boyle, I feel star struck lol!”
    • “Can't believe Susan Boyle is in my work, I'm so starstruck!!”
    • “Went to Tesco for a caramel macchiato and they didn't have any but they did have Susan Boyle em sound that!”
    • “Susan Boyle in Tesco Corstorphine signing autographs... It's a ******* circus in there.”
    • Posted on Facebook by the store manager: “Had the opportunity and pleasure to meet this lovely lady today at our store relaunch at Tesco Corstorphine, our colleagues and customer loved the opportunity to meet her.”

2. On BBC Radio 2, Ken Bruce played “Somewhere Out There” from AWW.

3. Various sales rankings for AWW: #50 Amazon UK; #155 iTunes UK; Spotify total has risen by about 83,000 to 890,413 monthly listeners.

December 6, Tuesday
    1. Thesun.co.uk posted a short note “Manager's off the Boyle” by Dan Wootton in his Bizarre Column. Some highlights:
    “The man who steered Susan Boyle to worldwide success is quitting. I can reveal her long-term manager Andy Stephens has resigned from her three companies, which is a huge blow to SuBo. He’s guided her entire career since she exploded on to the scene during her Britain’s Got Talent audition in 2009. The pair were always close, once pictured holding hands, and their parting was on good terms.
    “A source said: ‘There is no bad blood between them. Andy is going to stick around for the next 18 months to ensure it’s a seemless [sic: seamless] handover. He cares very much for Susan but knows it’s now the right time to leave. She’ll miss his influence, there is no doubting that.’”

2. Ken Bruce played “When I Fall In Love” on his BBC Radio 2 show.

3. The total of Spotify monthly listeners is up to 939,179.

December 7, Wednesday
    1. Renownedforsound.com posted “Album Review: Susan Boyle – A Wonderful World” by Daniel Patrin. A very positive review written with a great deal of thought and care; I’ve posted here in its entirety:
    “If there is even a sparse doubt in one’s mind of the true bliss in Susan Boyle’s voice, an instant listening to the British singer’s take on Louis Armstrong’s What A Wonderful World will weaken the knees with a sharp focus and justly acceptance. The world renowned vocal icon has softly presented her seventh album in seven years – a calmingly textured and family focused collection of renditions both classic and contemporary.
    A Wonderful World magnifies easy going classical interpretations of her most favourite and respected influences. This takes the form of Madonna’s Like a Prayer or the heavenly concerted virtual duet with the inimitable Nat King Cole in When I Fall In Love. Proper string sections and orchestral grandeur transmit a warming traditionalism, delicate and restful. Boyle’s mezzo-soprano vocals need no further introduction and seemingly stimulate with immeasurable emotional value. Surprising once again and stepping away from tradition, Boyle’s interest is soon transferred into modern territory with an indulgence into Robbie William’s Angels – functioning as a harmonic endowment of proper motility and satiny tenderness. Each track has in one way or another shaped a certain time period. Utilising the influential force of this, a deeper and fuller connection is bridged by Boyle’s tremendous vocal possibility. No better track perhaps achieves this than the beautifully revealing version of Leigh Harline and Ned Washington’s 1940 masterpiece – When You Wish upon a Star. Vertiginous vocal comforts and angelic moods both rich and courteous reveal underneath a thick orchestral layering, sweet and refined – easing the record to a respectable and fine tuned completion.
    “Susan Boyle, whilst clinging to traditionalist aspects of singing and performance has also achieved the difficult task of transcending emotion into every corner on the record. Just like her discography boasts, this ability to perform emotion as a quality is a skill that has planted her in the world’s songbook whilst further guaranteeing a spot inside everyone’s appreciative soul.”

2. Ken Bruce played “May You Never Be Alone” on his BBC Radio 2 show.

3. Some Susa-tweets:
    • From Susan Boyle Fansite (SBFII): “The Official Top 20 biggest selling Christmas albums of the century #10 SUSAN BOYLE - HOME FOR CHRISTMAS.”
    • “It's just not the holidays without my Bose system shaking the walls with Susan Boyle's Christmas album.”
    • “Just watched Susan Boyle in my coaching course. In Spain. Now thats fame.”
    • “Susan Boyle is one of the most inspirational women of our time. Seriously.”
    • “Susan Boyle, You are such a blessing to us all. Love you so much!!”
    • “I'm not a Susan Boyle fan. But I've been hearing bits of this album all week on Radio 2 and, I have to say, her voice is ******* incredible.”

December 8, Thursday
    1. Based on Facebook posts with pictures, Susan attended one of the Christmas pantos in Glasgow; posts:
    • “Met wee Suzie b ❤” and “What a fantastic night at the panto with my favs pure celebrity spotting. Subo said she recognised me! She must have been on the vino.”
    *From a Facebook post, Jayhawk fan determined that the Cinderella Panto was at The Kings Theatre in Glasgow and was a special performance for children with Autism.

2. In New Zealand, AWW is #8 for the 2nd week of release, up from #10 from last week.

3. A tweet from Susan Boyle Fansite (SBFII): “#3 movers and shakers Amazon UK mp3 songs – SUSAN BOYLE - MAY YOU NEVER BE ALONE”

December 9, Friday
    1. The tally of listeners on Spotify has crossed the million mark – 1,086,123!!

December 10, Saturday
    1. Thescottishsun.co.uk posted “The Scottish Sun’s Christmas pop-up shop set to open its doors at the St Enoch Centre in Glasgow” by Lynn Kernan.
    “It’s almost here. The Scottish Sun’s Christmas pop-up shop officially opens its doors on Monday. And it’ll happen with a showbiz bang.
    “Singing icon Susan Boyle will cut the ribbon at the St Enoch Centre fundraising store at 10am along with Scots pop legends The Bay City Rollers, fresh from their Sunday night gig in Glasgow.”

2. AWW is #22 for its second week on Australian album charts.

3. The tally of monthly listeners on Spotify has risen to 1,141,030.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://susanboyle-professionalsinger.com/ CLICK for LucyB’s website for her on-going series of books, Susan Boyle, Professional Singer, that chronicle Susan’s professional activities since July 2009.
    http://susanboyle-professionalsinger...hth-year-2016/ CLICK for monthly Highlights on LucyB’s website for monthly summaries of Susan’s public activities from January 2009 through November 30, 2016
    Last edited by LucyB; 12-12-2016 at 10:37 AM. Reason: add info to Dec 8#1; a bit more info added

I just can't stop smiling when I read this week's report, LucyB. Susan is everywhere and everyone who meets her or has a pic taken with her are so chuffed.....Thanks for a dandy report, LucyB.

SBFII Co-Administrator truusbuist's Avatar

Thank you Lucy
    Treat every person with kindness and respect, even those who are rude to you. Remember that you show compassion to others not because of who they are but because of who you are.
    Author: Andrew T. Somers

Support your Forum: shop SuBo store, "Shopping" -- light blue banner at the top of the page

SUSAN, SHES ALWAYS ON MY MIND.

Yes, mine too! thanks for the report, Lucy!

Jayhawk fan let me know that from a Facebook post, she was able to determine that the Cinderella Panto Susan attended on December 8 was at The Kings Theatre in Edinburgh and was a special performance for children with Autism. I've added that to this week's Susa-News Summary. A HUGE THANX GOBS to Jayhawk fan!!!!

Thanks MORE gobs to you, Lucy! All the work you do on your news summaries is sooo appreciated. You never miss a thing, when lots of us do! I've searched your summaries many times when I needed to remember something.

AND I just got a note from CanadianBill----Cinderella Panto was at Kings Theatre in GLASGOW, not Edi!! so I'll go change the Summary again.-----SBFII and all its parts continues to be a community project!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread