+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Open Letter to SBFII Board of Directors, June 26, 2016

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ponylady View Post
    Sounded to me like Judy and Co. have had several promises from the software service people. It hurts my heart to hear accusations that anyone "doesn't care" except maybe vBulletin. It has been addressed as best our volunteer folks were able to come up with and they get "promises". I can sure relate from my life of disappointments at service promises. Don't know how to get off the bottom of the totum pole in priority for these people since throwing a ton of money their way doesn't seem probable.

I sure sympathise with LucyB trying to run a business dependant on research through our software and for our staff trying to interest new members and old. Still amazes me that a volunteer staff with real lives and sometimes very difficult lives can do what needs doing. If membership fees become needed I fear few will be willing with so much available through FB and YouTube, etc. Certainly not the caliber of SBFII but many have fled there to leave negative drama behind anyway. I'll take the occasional drama over leaving this good bunch of friends.
    With the large reserve we have right now, I don't think money is an issue. And while I appreciate the volunteers offering their services, I can see the frustration of not only LucyB, Moll but others as well of no solution since Lucy first made her post 9 months ago. And I wouldn't exactly phrase LucyB's work as a business. It is a labor of love of so diligently recording all Susan related matters. If Susan ever writes another book, Lucy's work would be extremely helpful!
    Last edited by Marie Jean; 06-26-2016 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Corrected multiple error. Must have sun stroke.
    http://gratefulness.org/light-a-candle

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." Aesop

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marie Jean View Post
    With the large reserve we have right now, I don't think money is an issue. And while I appreciate the volunteers offering their services, I can see the frustration of not only LucyB, Moll but others as well of no solution since Lucy first made her post 9 months ago. And I wouldn't exactly phrase LucyB's work as a business. It is a labor of love of so diligently recording all Susan related matters. If Susan ever writes another book, Lucy's work would be extremely helpful!
    How right you are, MJ!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,746 Times in 61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lu126 View Post

How right you are, MJ!!
    You bet!

Thanks

I also hope this is fixed very soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyB View Post
    From JudyOkla, via Lauraj210, post #10 on this thread:
    "I would think...and sure hope...that function will be working before July. I'm going to be very upset if not!!"

According to my calander, there are only 4 more days left in June and then its July. So then what???? The problem has NOT been resolved for 9 months; is there any use hoping that it will be resolved within the next 4 days????

Thanks

I wonder if other sites have this problem with this server?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jordie View Post
    I wonder if other sites have this problem with this server?
    others have problems, maybe not the same as ours. here is their forum.
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/
    “When given the choice between being right or being kind, choose kind."
    Dr Wayne W. Dyer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ksdust View Post

others have problems, maybe not the same as ours. here is their forum.
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/
    This confirms my gut feeling that our seeming solid financial condition would go to a national debt if we had to hire someone make any sense of all this. I have no idea what the question was let alone the answer (probably has nothing to do with our case) but it struck me as sadly funny, especially the bolded parts.

Why are there two config.php files now?
    vBulletin 5.X is currently two parts. Presentation and Core. Presentation is used to show everything to the user. Core is what makes it work behind the scenes. The system is designed so that in the future, Presentation and Core do not need to be on the same server or in the same path. This is why we have two config.php files.

Because Core hasn't been completely rewritten yet, including almost the entire AdminCP, it requires the bburl variable to include files and function properly. These need to point to the Core URL. The Presentation Layer or front-end doesn't need bburl to function. Presentation gets everything it needs via the API. What this means is that a Mobile Presentation layer could be plugged in and you have Mobile Suite Apps. Or a Facebook Presentation and a Facebook App. Since everything uses the same API, the mobile apps gain more functionality and should be less buggy.

So does bug spray work on gators? I believe Judy and our team are doing all they can to work with these people to decide if their promises are believable. SO glad it isn't me that has to determine any of it.
    "To love a person is to know the song in their heart & sing it to them when they've forgotten."
    They come, they come, to build a wall between us...we know they won't win." Don't dream it's over.

Thanks

ain't THAT the truth!
    "SO glad it isn't me that has to determine any of it."
    Dr Wayne W. Dyer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ksdust View Post
    ain't THAT the truth!
    "SO glad it isn't me that has to determine any of it."

ksdust .... when did you want to schedule your training again?

I have read the vBulletin forums from time to time. It can be interesting. We have been on this particular vBulletin version (4.1.3) for a long time. There are forums out there with older versions of vBulletin that I assume work fine.

Our 'search' function worked fine when we were originally on a shared server. Our 'search' function worked fine when we went to a dedicated server. When we switched back to a shared server (last October) the search problems appeared which I noticed on the beta testing and mentioned. Same forum software and same host.

It's like someone simply failed to turn on a switch but I don't know why it is so hard to find.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum View Post
    ksdust .... when did you want to schedule your training again?
    in my NEXT life! (when I am young again and can think, lol!)
    Dr Wayne W. Dyer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast