+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Open Letter to SBFII Board of Directors, June 26, 2016

Thanks
    Thanked 3,746 Times in 61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudyMcKinn View Post
    I think part of the problem is that it isn't considered worth fixing at this time--until Susan does something big & newsworthy (if she ever does again) Surely there will be records, occasionally, if nothing else. The aggravation of the gator doesn't bother much of anyone but Lucy, who needs it to find info for her books. It is a shame the site doesn't work so that she can go ahead with these, as I think they are interesting, and will probably serve as a source of info about Susan, long into the future. However, I am usually on 2 or 3 times a day, and can't remember the last time I saw over 15 MEMBERS on at one time, (usually way less) plus a few visitors. It sounded, last time this was discussed that there was Plenty of available cash, and if the site goes completely out, from lack of interest while nothing is going on, that this large sum will either be divided among those who run the site, or given to charity. ??? So, there seems to be money to take care of this in some way. Apparently the site is run by members who happen to be fairly computer savvy but apparently have no idea how to take care of this, which is understandable--I sure don't know how, but my computer knowledge is extremely limited. I think the answer is, IF we have ANYONE with authority to go ahead and DO SOMETHING, they should do it. Just my humble opinion.
    Waiting until she does something newsworthy would be too late. At least we can still post, but just pray that things don't get any worse than they are now because I don't see anything ever being remedied again.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,920 Times in 258 Posts

From JudyOkla, via Lauraj210, post #10 on this thread:
    "I would think...and sure hope...that function will be working before July. I'm going to be very upset if not!!"

According to my calander, there are only 4 more days left in June and then its July. So then what???? The problem has NOT been resolved for 9 months; is there any use hoping that it will be resolved within the next 4 days????

Thanks

This site should be babied and cared for like a cherished momento, it is historic and contains a goldmine of factual and treasured facts from the beginning of Susan's legendary rise to fame and her loyal following of fans throughout the progression of her storied career. While I and so many have followed Susan from day one individually then as a member of this site, I stay in tune with the problems and navigate here the best I can, I am concerned about new interests in this site who would find it very troubling to navigate and lose interest and that is sad, there is such a treasure trove of information here and it cannot even be viewed. I just wish everything could get repaired, whatever the trouble, and the site and all it's glory we could again enjoy with a click and no gator, even if we as members need to chip in to help. Thanks to all for your efforts in helping to restore this great site. Susan's career is not ending, always continuing at her pace. IMO

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LucyB View Post
    From JudyOkla, via Lauraj210, post #10 on this thread:
    "I would think...and sure hope...that function will be working before July. I'm going to be very upset if not!!"

According to my calander, there are only 4 more days left in June and then its July. So then what???? The problem has NOT been resolved for 9 months; is there any use hoping that it will be resolved within the next 4 days????
    I hope so, Lucy.
    Support our Forum using the Subo store for your online shopping.
    Click on "Amazon.com" (.co.uk, or .ca) to buy anything.

http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreUSA

http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreUK

http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreCA

"I once was lost, but now am found."
    Susafan Squad Member

Thanks

I might point out that SherryjKelley is still listed as our newest member, (and a very valued and enthusiastic member she is) but she has been on quite a while now, so we are probably having interested visitors who are losing interest because they can't get to a lot of the sites they would find interesting. Just a thought, to add fuel to the fire on needing the site fixed.
    "Dear Father hear and bless thy beasts and singing birds, and guard with tenderness small things that have no words."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JudyMcKinn View Post
    I might point out that SherryjKelley is still listed as our newest member, (and a very valued and enthusiastic member she is) but she has been on quite a while now, so we are probably having interested visitors who are losing interest because they can't get to a lot of the sites they would find interesting. Just a thought, to add fuel to the fire on needing the site fixed.
    Judy, sherry is the only new member in ages who's posted anything, and if I'm not mistaken, she had trouble doing so.
    Maybe the other new members can't post.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MollBobbers View Post
    The Search facility is particularly necessary for LucyB, but many other members (particularly mods) used also to use it. It is extremely frustrating having to spend hours searching for old threads which used to come up automatically with one click.
    Yes, the gator aggravation is there for several functions such as: find all your personal posts, new posts, and the search, which are problematic for more than just Lucy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MollBobbers View Post
    The Search facility is particularly necessary for LucyB, but many other members (particularly mods) used also to use it. It is extremely frustrating having to spend hours searching for old threads which used to come up automatically with one click.
    I can certainly understand that, MB. I only searched for a thread one time. It took so long that I'll never do it again, so all of the preserved information is useless to me now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MartyPA View Post

But even though we see the Gator, I don't think it's their problem, they're just the server. The problem is with the vBulletin software.
    Sounded to me like Judy and Co. have had several promises from the software service people. It hurts my heart to hear accusations that anyone "doesn't care" except maybe vBulletin. It has been addressed as best our volunteer folks were able to come up with and they get "promises". I can sure relate from my life of disappointments at service promises. Don't know how to get off the bottom of the totum pole in priority for these people since throwing a ton of money their way doesn't seem probable.

I sure sympathise with LucyB trying to run a business dependant on research through our software and for our staff trying to interest new members and old. Still amazes me that a volunteer staff with real lives and sometimes very difficult lives can do what needs doing. If membership fees become needed I fear few will be willing with so much available through FB and YouTube, etc. Certainly not the caliber of SBFII but many have fled there to leave negative drama behind anyway. I'll take the occasional drama over leaving this good bunch of friends.
    "To love a person is to know the song in their heart & sing it to them when they've forgotten."
    They come, they come, to build a wall between us...we know they won't win." Don't dream it's over.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ponylady View Post
    Sounded to me like Judy and Co. have had several promises from the software service people. It hurts my heart to hear accusations that anyone "doesn't care" except maybe vBulletin. It has been addressed as best our volunteer folks were able to come up with and they get "promises". I can sure relate from my life of disappointments at service promises. Don't know how to get off the bottom of the totum pole in priority for these people since throwing a ton of money their way doesn't seem probable.

I sure sympathise with LucyB trying to run a business dependant on research through our software and for our staff trying to interest new members and old. Still amazes me that a volunteer staff with real lives and sometimes very difficult lives can do what needs doing. If membership fees become needed I fear few will be willing with so much available through FB and YouTube, etc. Certainly not the caliber of SBFII but many have fled there to leave negative drama behind anyway. I'll take the occasional drama over leaving this good bunch of friends.
    Thanks, PL! I must say the accusation hurt my heart too.
    Support our Forum using the Subo store for your online shopping.
    Click on "Amazon.com" (.co.uk, or .ca) to buy anything.

http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreUSA

http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreUK

http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreCA

"I once was lost, but now am found."
    Susafan Squad Member

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast