+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New ballad written for Susan

SBFII Co-Administrator truusbuist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,987 Times in 68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TommyUSA View Post

Could you direct me to that thread please?
    Thanks for giving this song attention Tommy.
    I think it was only earlier posted in the Twitter thread, it does deserve a thread of its own.
    Treat every person with kindness and respect, even those who are rude to you. Remember that you show compassion to others not because of who they are but because of who you are.
    Author: Andrew T. Somers

Support your Forum: shop SuBo store, "Shopping" -- light blue banner at the top of the page

Thanks

Thanks Tommy, and thanks also to Mr. Don Sullivan for sharing a beautiful demo of "Whispers In The Dark" as well as your thoughts in your comment. Whether Susan and her label choose to record it is presently unknown, but if she does, no doubt she will "make it her own" and deliver it into our hearts as only Susan can. Much good luck. IMO

Thanks
    Thanked 9,304 Times in 194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by truusbuist View Post

Thanks for giving this song attention Tommy.
    I think it was only earlier posted in the Twitter thread, it does deserve a thread of its own.
    You are very welcome, my friend ... I thought so too

Love and SusaHugs, Tommy

Thanks
    Thanked 9,304 Times in 194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whiskers View Post
    Thanks Tommy, and thanks also to Mr. Don Sullivan for sharing a beautiful demo of "Whispers In The Dark" as well as your thoughts in your comment. Whether Susan and her label choose to record it is presently unknown, but if she does, no doubt she will "make it her own" and deliver it into our hearts as only Susan can. Much good luck. IMO
    You are most welcome, dear SusaFriend

SusaHugs, Tommy

Thanks

Tommy, is Dan Sullivan the one who wrote the other song for Susan called Never Been Kissed? That was a good song , too, and the woman sounds very much the same.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,636 Times in 33 Posts

Just wondering, should the other threads be dug up where people have joined the forum who have composed a song or songs for Susan? Perhaps have these folk all in one thread where we can ensure the playing field is level? Others have joined Susan forums and given links to their compositions but, if asked or suggested, I do not have time to search those threads. Surely, everyone would agree to give these talented folk the collective heads up. That way, there is a level playing field. It would be awful if we were perceived as showing favouritism, not that I am suggesting this happens. I doubt that we, as forum members have any influence over suggesting original compositions to team SuBo.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Circlette00_Aus View Post
    Just wondering, should the other threads be dug up where people have joined the forum who have composed a song or songs for Susan? Perhaps have these folk all in one thread where we can ensure the playing field is level? Others have joined Susan forums and given links to their compositions but, if asked or suggested, I do not have time to search those threads. Surely, everyone would agree to give these talented folk the collective heads up. That way, there is a level playing field. It would be awful if we were perceived as showing favouritism, not that I am suggesting this happens. I doubt that we, as forum members have any influence over suggesting original compositions to team SuBo.
    Hi, Circ,
    I don't think we would be considered showing favoritism. Back in the past, when someone gave their song they had written, for us to talk about, which we did, and these new ones, we are talking about now. If we dug out the old ones (doesn't seem like there have been many) then we would be discussing the old ones twice. ??
    "Dear Father hear and bless thy beasts and singing birds, and guard with tenderness small things that have no words."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soothed View Post
    Tommy, is Dan Sullivan the one who wrote the other song for Susan called Never Been Kissed? That was a good song , too, and the woman sounds very much the same.
    re Never Been Kissed==Scots actor-musicians Tom Urie and Matthew McVarish hope the Britain's Got Talent superstar will give the song a listen... and even consider recording it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,636 Times in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudyMcKinn View Post
    Hi, Circ,
    I don't think we would be considered showing favoritism. Back in the past, when someone gave their song they had written, for us to talk about, which we did, and these new ones, we are talking about now. If we dug out the old ones (doesn't seem like there have been many) then we would be discussing the old ones twice. ??
    Nice response Judy. I was a tad concerned. Now you have eased my thoughts.

Thanks

I like it very much!
    I hope,
    those responsible get to hear this song!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast