+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: In The Bleak Midwinter

Thanks Circ. I love this song, Susan is sublime singing it. Also thanks CB for the beautiful poster.

Circ I enjoyed that video very much! And to Canadian Bill great poster!
    No sweeping exits or offstage lines
    Could make me feel bitter or treat you unkind

Ah, Circ ... one of my favorite of the Susa-Sounds. She is so perfect, sometimes! Thanks for this ... it's one super effort, my friend! Seeing what you have done gives me a whole new perspective of this entire song. So much meaning!
    Last edited by Jeanwkirk; 12-17-2013 at 09:08 AM.
    Jean W Kirkland = SB Fan!
    Imagine where she'll be 20 years from now - where she will have gone, who she will have inspired, given hope to, even mentored.
    Bless this woman for who she is! Honest, Wholesome, Real and Persevering!
    (Taken from Youtube comment 2009)

Thanks, Circ, you did a beautiful job with that. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Circlette00_Aus View Post
    The video below includes the song, In The Bleak Midwinter from Susan's album, Home For Christmas. Enjoy!

Absolutely LOVELY! Thank you so much.
    "To love a person is to know the song in their heart & sing it to them when they've forgotten."
    They come, they come, to build a wall between us...we know they won't win." Don't dream it's over.

Honorary Susan Fan English admirer's Avatar

Thank you Circ.This is how I love to hear Susan sing, unfettered by too much accompaniment.Simple, pure and spine tingling.

I have a small quibble with the recording though .Why is the last line different from the original?It should be Yet what I can I give Him, give my heart -as it is on Bill's poster of the original words.It's a statement after the earlier questions ,ie I can't offer wisdom or a lamb like the wise men and the shepherds but I'm going to give what I can, my heart .It's a positive act of giving.
    Susan's version leaves out an "I" and just repeats the previous question Yet what can I give Him?Give my heart -which lessens the meaning and leaves it more as an idea than an act.
    What a difference that little word "I " makes!

It's one of my favourite tracks on the CD and I was so pleased that Classic FM played it on Sunday-that's a whole new territory for Susan.

I am really touched by the comments. Many thanks, Gwen, Diane W, Bobber, Jeanwkirk, Marty and PL. Susan certainly knows how to put her stamp on a song.

@ EA. Thanks for your query. I left one of the "I's" out! Darn. Oh, well, maybe, I can edit.

Honorary Susan Fan English admirer's Avatar

Circ, to my hearing, Susan sings it without the extra "I" . There'a 's a drawn out "what"instead. That's what I was querying.What you wrote reflects what we hear so I wasn't querying you!
    Thank you again for your video which illustrates the words so beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by English admirer View Post
    Circ, to my hearing, Susan sings it without the extra "I" . There'a 's a drawn out "what"instead. That's what I was querying.What you wrote reflects what we hear so I wasn't querying you!
    Thank you again for your video which illustrates the words so beautifully.
    EA, I understood the query. It is odd when you listen and there is no extra "I" when Susan sings. I guess who ever proof read, didn't listen to Susan sing. How could that be? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Circlette00_Aus View Post
    @ CB nice poster. Love the picture you used. Thanks for putting it here. I should have waited another week before doing the video. Honestly, that Murphy's Law can be a Right Royal PIA at times! Should we get a video of Susan singing this song, I can edit the original.
    thank you Circ, and i take it that Right Royal PIA is aussie slang for pain in the ANKLE
    A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it's in hot water.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast