+ Reply to Thread

Thread: From Susan Boyle to Kat Von D: celebrity books for under the Christmas tree

Default From Susan Boyle to Kat Von D: celebrity books for under the Christmas tree

"Admit it. You're still wondering how overnight singing sensation Susan Boyle came to be an unlikely international superstar, Simon Cowell's endorsement on Britain's Got Talent notwithstanding."

http://communities.canada.com/vancou...tmas-tree.aspx
    Catin... And that's just one side of me. Susan

Good review for Susan's book. Hope she gets noticed a little more in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Catin View Post
    "Admit it. You're still wondering how overnight singing sensation Susan Boyle came to be an unlikely international superstar, Simon Cowell's endorsement on Britain's Got Talent notwithstanding."

http://communities.canada.com/vancou...tmas-tree.aspx
    Quite nice. Might intrigue people.

Honorary Susan Fan CanadianBill's Avatar

Thanks Catin. This is the line I like - the reviewer understands this book....

"when she writes about how her “singing silenced the bullies” and about losing her mother, father and sister, you begin to understand the amazing grace and emotion behind I Dreamed A Dream."

Good, positive review.
    "There will always be plenty of people who will give up on you. No need to give up on yourself" Susan Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBill View Post

"when she writes about how her “singing silenced the bullies” and about losing her mother, father and sister, you begin to understand the amazing grace and emotion behind I Dreamed A Dream."
    Great for Susan to be included in this recommendation. Would so like to see more reviews that pick up on the incredible humor and this book's gripping and fast-moving writing.
    "To love a person is to know the song in their heart & sing it to them when they've forgotten."
    They come, they come, to build a wall between us...we know they won't win." Don't dream it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBill View Post

Yes it is CB.. and I hope to get through the book.. during the holidays...

Love your new festive season avatar btw.... So CB like.
    Last edited by Catin; 12-06-2010 at 09:49 PM.
    Catin... And that's just one side of me. Susan

+ Reply to Thread