Shop

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audiobook,Abridged,TWIWBTB,3_CDs,3.5_hours,ElaineC .Smith, Introduced By Susan Boyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MollBobbers View Post
    Well, I would have bought the audio version - abridged or unabridged - if Susan had been reading it. But only to be able to listen to Susan speaking for hours on end. But of course I wouldn't have understood more than a little bit here and there ...

Just the sound of her voice. I am truly smitten.
    <laughing> Indeed, you are smitten! "The sound of her voice" with no idea of what she's trying to say, seems the story of her life!

Can anyone explain why there is no problem understanding what she is saying when she sings, but SUCH problems understanding her when she speaks? Moll, did you understand what she said to you at the booksigning?

/S

Comment

Originally posted by SandraLee View Post

<laughing> Indeed, you are smitten! "The sound of her voice" with no idea of what she's trying to say, seems the story of her life!

Can anyone explain why there is no problem understanding what she is saying when she sings, but SUCH problems understanding her when she speaks? Moll, did you understand what she said to you at the booksigning?

/S

I think singers must be taught to sing without an accent. I love that. I wonder how she sounds to those in the UK who are used to British accents. here in the US we have many accents in different parts of the country and all of us think we don't! there's a line in an old song sung by Don Williams, "learned to talk like the man on the 6 o'clock news."

also, she talks fast. she sings however the song is meant to be sung. which is usually slowly.
      Even in hard times there's a possibility to have fun.

Eyden I

Comment

/S[/B]
        [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
        Yes I did, actually. But then it was very brief and perhaps she spoke more slowly for me.

But I think it is true of all serious singers that the accent more or less disappears when they sing. It is just the speaking voice that is overlaid with an accent, as well as a tendency to speak fast or slow, high or low or whatever.
        You who think yourself young, just have a look at this woman, she has kept a heart of gold and a pure soul … (French commentator)

Please support your Forum: You may buy anything from Amazon through the SuboStore by clicking on "Shopping" (light-blue banner at top of page).

Comment

Originally posted by wchisholm View Post
          I got mine today too. Elaine C. Smith does a good job but I would have much preferred to hear Susan read it herself. Maybe they will come out with an unabridged version that Susan can read!
          Totally agree! it would be a 1000 times better with Susan reading the book word for word.
          I understood her the first few seconds that she talked.
          Dejapoo - The feeling you heard this crap before.

Comment

Originally posted by hampsong-ohio View Post
            elaine c. Smith, the actress who reads susan's book, sings ye banks and braes and amazing grace on the cds.
            super!!

Comment

I have absolutely no problem understanding Susan, I think she speaks beautifully. Don't understand why you have such a problem.

/S

Comment

I would have loved to hear Susan on the book. Her speaking voice is lyrical, almost as lovely as her singing. I have no problem understanding her unless she uses words I'm unfamiliar with, like "corpsing". Its been my experience that one's "ear" adapts to the accent and cadence after a few sentences. Hearing Susan's voice reading the book would have been heavenly.

Comment

The Woman I Was Born To Be audiobook that was released in the UK has a nice CD jewel case for 3_CDs.

The Woman I Was Born To Be audiobook that was released in the US has a flimsy thin cardboard box for the 3_CDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hampsong-Ohio View Post
                    The Woman I Was Born To Be audiobook that was released in the UK has a nice CD jewel case for 3_CDs.

The Woman I Was Born To Be audiobook that was released in the US has a flimsy thin cardboard box for the 3_CDs.
                    they seem to like to short change the US market all the time. The Japanese people will probably have velvet lining.
                    Dejapoo - The feeling you heard this crap before.

Comment

Originally posted by wchisholm View Post
                      I got mine today too. Elaine C. Smith does a good job but I would have much preferred to hear Susan read it herself. Maybe they will come out with an unabridged version that Susan can read!
                      Do you really think Susan has enough free time do read to us? Hope so, but I would not expect her to do it.Just sayin!
                      The Sun Never Sets On Susan Boyle.:rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
                      X