The Bookseller com. TWIWBTB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trennie View Post
    Yeah, it's all money in Susan's pocket, but her career success depends on people buying her CDs. She is a singer, after all.
    Yes she is a singer, but her book is also important to her. Just look at Sarah Palin for example! She made way more money on the book "GOING ROGUE", than she would, if she stayed in office as the Gov. of Alaska. Susan is smart enough to do both.

Comment

Originally posted by joaniec5 View Post
      Yes she is a singer, but her book is also important to her. Just look at Sarah Palin for example! She made way more money on the book "GOING ROGUE", than she would, if she stayed in office as the Gov. of Alaska. Susan is smart enough to do both.
      But Susan wants to keep on singing - and is not concerned with money so much as we are for her. She's got to sell lots of CDs this time round to get to keep on recording.

Comment

Originally posted by ReynieCarroll View Post
        But Susan wants to keep on singing - and is not concerned with money so much as we are for her. She's got to sell lots of CDs this time round to get to keep on recording.
        Yes you are correct, she always wanted to be a singer and make people happy. That was always her 1st goal. I also believe she wants "to set the record straight" I agree it's NOT about the money with Susan.
        Last edited by joaniec5; 10-26-2010, 07:18 PM. Reason: spelling again !!!

Comment

Originally posted by joaniec5 View Post
          I agree that the book was important to her, but not for the money. It gave her the chance to explain, at last, who she was and why. I think it was a great relief to her.

Andy, I think, saw it as a bit of extra money and as also a promotional tool for her CD.

Comment

Originally posted by trennie View Post
            I agree that the book was important to her, but not for the money. It gave her the chance to explain, at last, who she was and why. I think it was a great relief to her.

Andy, I think, saw it as a bit of extra money and as also a promotional tool for her CD.

Yes I agree, it was never about the money, but she wanted to "set the record straight". But it is possible to "kill 2 birds with one stone", and I believe she will do exactly that.
            Last edited by joaniec5; 10-26-2010, 07:24 PM. Reason: holy crap, spelling again!

Comment

Originally posted by ReynieCarroll View Post
              I don't think that is going to be a problem at all. My word, on this weeks HITs list there were only two groups who sold more than 100,000. Of course she will keep on recording. What IDAD did was phenomenal and I sure hope The Gift does the same. If for some reason it doesn't, in my opinion, in no way would that jeoperdize her career. She is a worldwide star with millions of fans. That is not going to stop if she doesn't sell 10 million albums this or any other time. She is outselling all or most of Columbia's other stars and will outsell Jackie as well I feel sure. IDAD is still in the top 100 albums on Amazon. It's not charting right now, but I'm sure still selling very respectable numbers. The Gift has stayed in the top 10 since it was announced. Since it is the largest online retailer, I think that is significant.
              sigpic"There will always be plenty of people who will give up on you. No need to give up on yourself" Susan Boyle

Comment

Working...
              X