This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MollBobbers View Post
    I guess a fairly recent screen capture by one or other of our video wizards ... maybe from the Oz tour? Unless we are willing to pay Charlie Gray for the use of one of his classy portraits.
    I have checked my new Wiki account and apparently I have to be "autoconfirmed" before I can edit photos in an article on the site! So, I guess that will hae to wait a while.....
    Perhaps, we can get Charlie's permission to upload one of his photos or maybe he can do it on our behalf!?

If you dinnae ask, you dinnae get!
    SusaFan Squad Member
    Supporting Susan In A Positive Way

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." (Emerson)

Comment

Incidentally, for those of you who are curious as to what corrections have been suggested to the editors for their consideration..... some of the following were made...

Susan is not, as the article implies, a singer-songwriter...at least, not yet, to my knowledge!
      She was NOT born in Blackburn, but in Bangour Hospital, in Uphall, West Lothian.
      Susan's parents were not Irish. They were born in Motherwell, Lanarkshire, Scotland and were married there.
      She was born when her Mother was 45, not 47.

All of these facts are contained in Susan's autobiography which has been out there for many, many months now.

There are other significant errors, and I am sure that I, and many of you, can find additional ones. I do not profess to be the sum of all knowledge on the subject of Susan Magdalane Boyle but I do abhor inaccuracy, especially when it is in the public domain and so many people seem to rely, probably far too heavily it must be said, on Wikipedia....and that includes members of the Press and media!
      SusaFan Squad Member

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." (Emerson)

Comment

Originally posted by stevieboy49 View Post

Any suggestions?

What was the recent winner of the best Susan photo competition? I have forgotten!

One of the Charlie Grey pics would be great !! As you said - No harm in asking
        sigpic“Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.” -Confucius

Comment

... Perhaps, we can get Charlie's permission to upload one of his photos or maybe he can do it on our behalf!?

If you dinnae ask, you dinnae get!
          So true, SB. Hopefully he will agree. If the pic is credited to him, it can only be good for his PR too.
          You who think yourself young, just have a look at this woman, she has kept a heart of gold and a pure soul … (French commentator)

Please support your Forum: You may buy anything from Amazon through the SuboStore by clicking on "Shopping" (light-blue banner at top of page).

Comment

[COLOR="Black"]On Wiki
            "She was the youngest of four brothers and six sisters." I believe that's wrong, Susan said she was the ninth child born to her parents. Four brothers, Joe, John, James and Gerard, and three sisters besides Susan; Kathleen, Mary, Bridie. And one girl who died at birth. Am I correct?[/COLORn

Comment

... There are other significant errors, and I am sure that I, and many of you, can find additional ones. I do not profess to be the sum of all knowledge on the subject of Susan Magdalane Boyle but I do abhor inaccuracy, especially when it is in the public domain and so many people seem to rely, probably far too heavily it must be said, on Wikipedia....and that includes members of the Press and media!
              I so agree SB. I abhor inaccuracy too. And especially so in these circumstances. I'm so glad you are dealing with this.
              You who think yourself young, just have a look at this woman, she has kept a heart of gold and a pure soul … (French commentator)

Please support your Forum: You may buy anything from Amazon through the SuboStore by clicking on "Shopping" (light-blue banner at top of page).

Comment

So true, SB. Hopefully he will agree. If the pic is credited to him, it can only be good for his PR too.
                I do like your signature photo, though, MB! That would do nicely and be very appropriate at this time!
                SusaFan Squad Member

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]
                  Originally posted by skye View Post
                  On Wiki
                  "She was the youngest of four brothers and six sisters." I believe that's wrong, Susan said she was the ninth child born to her parents. Four brothers, Joe, John, James and Gerard, and three sisters besides Susan; Kathleen, Mary, Bridie. And one girl who died at birth. Am I correct?[/COLORn

You are, indeed, and I have corrected that mistake, too. 'Bridie' had nine children. The sister that died at the age of 2 months was Patricia.
                  SusaFan Squad Member

Comment

... I do like your signature photo, though, MB! That would do nicely and be very appropriate at this time!
                    Yes that would be ideal, Stevie. As you know, that is from the promo photo for the musical, so it's a professional photo too. Don't think it was taken by Charlie Gray though. CB would probably know.

Comment

Or this one?

Comment

Or this one?

Thanks skye. That was the one I was really thinking of when I suggested a Charlie Gray portrait. It would be perfect, I think.

Comment

The photo of Susan/Elaine used for promo was taken by Mark Borkowski and is copyrighted to PA Wire. http://www.pressassociation.com/wire-service.html

Interestingly, it has been used by many, many sources and is almost never credited, unlike most photos.
                          "Support our Forum using the Subo store for your online shopping.
                          Click on the upper left "Amazon.com" (.co.uk, or .ca) to buy anything.
                          http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreUSA
                          http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreUK
                          http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreCA

Comment

Thanks skye. That was the one I was really thinking of when I suggested a Charlie Gray portrait. It would be perfect, I think.
                            I don't believe Wiki accepts coyrighted photos unless you can prove you have permission for it to be used. A photo by a fan might be the only option.
                            "Support our Forum using the Subo store for your online shopping.
                            Click on the upper left "Amazon.com" (.co.uk, or .ca) to buy anything.
                            http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreUSA
                            http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreUK
                            http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreCA

Comment

[COLOR="Navy"]
                              On Wiki
                              Yes, the baby who died was Patricia. She had 4 sisters. Including Susan there were 5 girls.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianBill View Post
                                I don't believe Wiki accepts coyrighted photos unless you can prove you have permission for it to be used. A photo by a fan might be the only option.
                                Bill, we were discussing a little further back the idea of asking Charlie Gray for permission to use it. We can only try ...

Comment

Working...
                                X