Susan Sings Paper Roses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susan Sings Paper Roses

Whilst those who await some Susa-news, to pass the time, below is a link to my video with Susan singing Paper Roses. The audio is from the public video posted at one of Susan's ? family members wedding. Enjoy. YouTube now has a function where you can download just the audio using YTMP3 - Download as mp3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1iP97HDBVg
    Last edited by Circlette00_Aus; 01-17-2015, 02:51 AM.
    sigpic

Thanks for sharing Circ.

Comment

Thank you for this Circ. I hadn't heard this before and I really enjoyed it.
      Support your Forum: shop SuBo store
      http://www.subostore.com/

Comment

Thank you for the video Circ. It is beautiful!

Comment

The same site has Fame. When I hear the chorus, it gives me shivers. Do you think she ever believed those words would come true? Fame is still a favorite along with Thank You For The Music from ABBA which she has yet to sing.

Comment

Thanks for resurrecting this , Cir.

For those who would like to see Susan actually singing i (there might be one or two here), here is the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycvC8nkA_Ts
            http://gratefulness.org/light-a-candle

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." Aesop

Comment

What a treat this was to wake up to!!!!!!! Thanks Circ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

How lovely to see and hear that again ... So long ago, Susan in her late twenties
                Treat every person with kindness and respect, even those who are rude to you. Remember that you show compassion to others not because of who they are but because of who you are.
                Author: Andrew T. Somers

Support your Forum: shop SuBo store, "Shopping" -- light blue banner at the top of the page

Comment

I remember when someone found this 2 or 3 years ago. I know I shouldn't ask this, but isn't that a rather strange song to sing at a wedding?? Wonder if it was just a real popular song at the time, or is there was some other significance at the time?
                  "Dear Father hear and bless thy beasts and singing birds, and guard with tenderness small things that have no words."

Comment

It was at the reception. Although the words don't fit in with the occasion, it must have been a song that Susan knew well and after a few minutes of her singing, she sure held the audience captive, especially some of the men!
                    http://gratefulness.org/light-a-candle

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." Aesop

Comment

Thanks, Circ and MJ. Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by JudyMcKinn View Post
                        I remember when someone found this 2 or 3 years ago. I know I shouldn't ask this, but isn't that a rather strange song to sing at a wedding?? Wonder if it was just a real popular song at the time, or is there was some other significance at the time?
                        Originally posted by Marie Jean View Post
                        It was at the reception. Although the words don't fit in with the occasion, it must have been a song that Susan knew well and after a few minutes of her singing, she sure held the audience captive, especially some of the men!
                        In the original video you can see some singing along with Susan, at least mouthing the words, and I have thought that perhaps this was a favorite song of either the bride or groom or both and perhaps they requested Susan to sing it. "Paper Roses" was the first record of Marie Osmond at the age of 14 in 1973 and she later rerecorded it in the 80s and considering the Osmond popularity in the UK and Susan's following of Donny, most likely she knew this song well. IMO

Thanks Circ, as always your videos are great, and thanks MJ for the link to the original video in case some had missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by whiskers View Post
                          In the original video you can see some singing along with Susan, at least mouthing the words, and I have thought that perhaps this was a favorite song of either the bride or groom or both and perhaps they requested Susan to sing it. "Paper Roses" was the first record of Marie Osmond at the age of 14 in 1973 and she later rerecorded it in the 80s and considering the Osmond popularity in the UK and Susan's following of Donny, most likely she knew this song well. IMO

Thanks Circ, as always your videos are great, and thanks MJ for the link to the original video in case some had missed it.
                          I saw Kathleen, singing along. I wonder is this was after her husband abandoned her and their children.

Comment

Originally posted by trennie View Post
                            I saw Kathleen, singing along. I wonder is this was after her husband abandoned her and their children.
                            No, the video was made in 1988 and according to Susan's book, page 144, Kathleen's husband left in 1999.

Comment

Originally posted by whiskers View Post
                              No, the video was made in 1988 and according to Susan's book, page 144, Kathleen's husband left in 1999.
                              Maybe she had intimations. She looked rather sad while she was singing.

Comment

Working...
                              X