Audio book confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio book confusion

I wanted to order the audiobook, but somewhere in my mind I thought it was about $30, but when I searched for it, it was only about $14.
    I ordered it, it says abridged, and it's 3 CD's.
    http://www.amazon.com/Woman-Was-Born...3296502&sr=1-1

However, Amazon also has it for $31. At the top it doesn't say abridged, but when you scroll down it DOES say abridged.
    http://www.amazon.com/Susan-Boyle-Wo...3296502&sr=1-3

Did anyone buy it for $31, and if so, is it longer than the one for $14?
    neither description tells how many CD's are included.

What it looks like is that the 14.00 one is directly from Amazon, and the 31.00 one is from one of their sellers that they use, but it looks like the same audiobook.
    Last edited by DianeB1020; 12-25-2010, 11:25 AM.
    "The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for." -----
    Bob Marley

Comment

A few things were omitted in the audio version.
      Support your Forum: shop SuBo store, "Shopping" -- light blue banner at the top of the page

Comment

OK, that might be it, but normally Amazon shows the lowest price available too, and according to the second link I posted The lowest price they list is $27.
        I did enjoy the one that I got, but wish it had been longer. It's VERY abridged.

Comment

I bought the audio book (3 CDs) from Amazon.com through SuBo store for approximately US$14. I guess the seller of $31 wants to make a profit of US$17 from buyers.
          sigpic

Comment

I called Amazon about this and they will report it as something that is not displayed correctly. When you click on the drop down menu of books, and enter The Woman....... and click on Go, it comes up with the hardcover and the expensive audio book (which is also unabridged). If you click on the hardcover you see the $14 abridged version. But if a consumer doesn't click on the hardcover and assumes that is the only audio book and decides not to buy it due to the cost, it is misleading.

Anyway, now that I know there is not an unabridged book, will be ordering mine through the Subostore and add two CDs for next year gifts to get the free shipping.

Comment

Susan still at #1 on Amazon, but IDAD is currently #9 and climbing!

Merry Christmas everyone!
              "Susan Boyle has a voice that could melt mountains and crumble hearts." anon teen on Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by DianeB1020 View Post
                What it looks like is that the 14.00 one is directly from Amazon, and the 31.00 one is from one of their sellers that they use, but it looks like the same audiobook.
                I bought both and the audio is not as complete as the book. I enjoyed both but the book I go back and re-read more.

Comment

Originally posted by fanfromgeorgia View Post
                  I called Amazon about this and they will report it as something that is not displayed correctly. When you click on the drop down menu of books, and enter The Woman....... and click on Go, it comes up with the hardcover and the expensive audio book (which is also unabridged). If you click on the hardcover you see the $14 abridged version. But if a consumer doesn't click on the hardcover and assumes that is the only audio book and decides not to buy it due to the cost, it is misleading.

Anyway, now that I know there is not an unabridged book, will be ordering mine through the Subostore and add two CDs for next year gifts to get the free shipping.
                  Thanks FFG, I'm glad you brought it to their attention and hopefully they'll fix it.
                  People will be more inclined to buy it at $14!!!
                  I really enjoyed mine.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyPA View Post
                    OK, that might be it, but normally Amazon shows the lowest price available too, and according to the second link I posted The lowest price they list is $27.
                    I did enjoy the one that I got, but wish it had been longer. It's VERY abridged.
                    I hope down the road they have the word for word version with Susan reading and singing the parts in it.
                    Dejapoo - The feeling you heard this crap before.

Comment

This may or may not answer some of the questions. I ordered the audio version for my ipod. It was a real treat to hear when I was away in Nov. However, the other audio version that you have mentioned is the 3-CD version. That could be the difference in the prices that people are quoting. There are 2 versions of audio for the book.
                      Happy turkey day :>)

Comment

Originally posted by Idafan43 View Post
                        I hope down the road they have the word for word version with Susan reading and singing the parts in it.
                        LOL, I had really wished that Susan had sung the musical parts too.
                        The reader did a fabulous job but maybe she should stick with her day job. Acting.

Comment

i thought elaine did a grewat job, but would love to hear susan read it.I was a wee bit disappointed that it was not the whole book, word for word, but still good to listen to

Comment

I just bought the audio and haven't played it yet. I haven't played it yet. From the sounds of the comments, I hope I'm not disappointed, as I am looking forward to listening to it tomorrow, when all is quiet down here after Christmas. I paid $14 for it from Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysea View Post
                              I just bought the audio and haven't played it yet. I haven't played it yet. From the sounds of the comments, I hope I'm not disappointed, as I am looking forward to listening to it tomorrow, when all is quiet down here after Christmas. I paid $14 for it from Amazon.
                              You won't be disappointed. I read the book then listened to the audio and I love hearing Elaine reading the book. She does a good job with the singing considering that she's an actress. Now I want to hear Susan sing Ye Banks and Braes. The best part is when I put my ipod on shuffle mode and a chapter pops up amid the music. I never tire of listening to the chapters, even when they are isolated from one another.
                              It's in the blood, it's in everybody's blood, the ability to make people happy.* Susan Boyle, CNN interview.

Support your Forum: shop SuBo store, "Shopping" -- light blue banner at the top of the page
                              Avatar Photocredit = Graham Riddell

Comment

Working...
                              X