Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bookseller com. TWIWBTB

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/13...hits-list.html

a debut at 13th place aint bad. Maybe it will hit the top ten?
    sigpic"

Caveat: All opinions expressed are in my humble opinion unless stated otherwise.

Comment

Left a comment. Yet another place with an opportunity for a review.
      sigpic"There will always be plenty of people who will give up on you. No need to give up on yourself" Susan Boyle

Comment

Is this just one place/company that sells books, or is this the "official" list in order of popularity. Isn't there a NY Times bestseller list, or something like that?? (Obviously, "I know nothing" about bookseller lists.)
        "Dear Father hear and bless thy beasts and singing birds, and guard with tenderness small things that have no words."

Comment

Originally posted by terijay7 View Post
          a debut at 13th place aint bad. Maybe it will hit the top ten?
          I think it's good, too. In fact, very respectable indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by JudyMcKinn View Post
            Is this just one place/company that sells books, or is this the "official" list in order of popularity. Isn't there a NY Times bestseller list, or something like that?? (Obviously, "I know nothing" about bookseller lists.)
            There are other Lists Judy, I looked at the Sunday Times List b ut Susan wasn't in the top ten last week, will look again next Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by JudyMcKinn View Post
              I think it's like Publisher's Weekly over here, a bookseller's trade publication. I should think it would be an important list.

Besides, the rule of thumb is, if you appear in any bestseller list, you're a bestseller. They all use different criteria.
              Last edited by trennie; 10-26-2010, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cac1936 View Post
                Left a comment. Yet another place with an opportunity for a review.
                Me too! GO SUSAN!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Come Xmas sales will go through the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by CKD View Post
                    Come Xmas sales will go through the roof.
                    Maybe those people who don't like Christmas songs will buy the book instead.
                    sigpic

Thank music for being there when nobody else was.

Comment

Very easy to leave a comment/review to be read by everyone who might drop in even due to mention of another author. Great PR
                      "To love a person is to know the song in their heart & sing it to them when they've forgotten."
                      They come, they come, to build a wall between us...we know they won't win." Don't dream it's over.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeytech View Post
                        Yeah, good point.

Comment

The Bookseller is a trade journal for booksellers and is very highly rated. Susan appearing at No 13 is excellent and hopefully the voiceover ad Susan did for W H Smith last week will be good for sales as well. Considering Susan hasn't been on any chat shows in the UK to plug her book, this charting is very encouraging.
                          Last edited by whoiwasborntobe; 10-26-2010, 02:53 PM.
                          Asperger's will not confine me or define me. Susan Boyle

Comment

Originally posted by whoiwasborntobe View Post
                            The Bookseller is a trade journal for booksellers and is very highly rated. Susan appearing at No 13 is excellent and hopefully the voiceover ad Susan did for W H Smith last week will be good for sales as well. Considering Susan hasn't been on any chat shows in the UK to plug her book, this charting is very encouraging.
                            Thanks for the info, very encouraging! I've left a comment/review as well. Thanks Ann.
                            "Support our Forum using the Subo store for your online shopping.
                            Click on the upper left "Amazon.com" (.co.uk, or .ca) to buy anything.
                            http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreUSA
                            http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreUK
                            http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreCA

Comment

Originally posted by monkeytech View Post
                              Yeah, it's all money in Susan's pocket, but her career success depends on people buying her CDs. She is a singer, after all.

Comment

Working...
                              X