Shop

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audiobook,Abridged,TWIWBTB,3_CDs,3.5_hours,ElaineC .Smith, Introduced By Susan Boyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audiobook,Abridged,TWIWBTB,3_CDs,3.5_hours,ElaineC .Smith, Introduced By Susan Boyle

Audiobook, Abridged, The Woman I Was Born To Be, 3_CDs, approx._3.5 hours, Read by Elaine C. Smith, Introduced By Susan Boyle

Elaine C. Smith is one of Scotland's most talented performers having appeared regularly in stage, screen, and television for over 25_years. Well known starring roles include City Lights, 55_Degrees North, 2000_Acres of Sky, and the award-winning Rab C Nesbitt. She has headlined in panto for many years and was a sell-out success as Chris in Tim Firth's Calendar Girls. Other hit theatre shows include Little Voice, Two, and Shirley Valentine.

I received my audiobook today, but I have not listen to it yet.

Now is $13.59 on Amazon.com

Originally posted by Hampsong-Ohio View Post
    Audiobook, Abridged, The Woman I Was Born To Be, 3_CDs, approx._3.5 hours, Read by Elaine C. Smith, Introduced By Susan Boyle

Elaine C. Smith is one of Scotland's most talented performers having appeared regularly in stage, screen, and television for over 25_years. Well known starring roles include City Lights, 55_Degrees North, 2000_Acres of Sky, and the award-winning Rab C Nesbitt. She has headlined in panto for many years and was a sell-out success as Chris in Tim Firth's Calendar Girls. Other hit theatre shows include Little Voice, Two, and Shirley Valentine.

I received my audiobook today, but I have not listen to it yet.

Now is $13.59 on Amazon.com
    Mine is on it's way to me....Can't wait. Even though I've read the book.

Comment

I bought mine today. It cost €18.15 (euro). Well worth it. Think I will wait a little while to listen to it. I want to read the printed book again first.
      You who think yourself young, just have a look at this woman, she has kept a heart of gold and a pure soul … (French commentator)

Please support your Forum: You may buy anything from Amazon through the SuboStore by clicking on "Shopping" (light-blue banner at top of page).

Comment

mine must be coming on stage coach because, I'm still waiting. Maybe if Amazon would have left my order alone on the speed mail and not refund me it would help.
        Dejapoo - The feeling you heard this crap before.

Comment

Elaine C. Smith, the actress who reads Susan's book, sings Ye Banks and Braes and Amazing Grace on the CDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hampsong-Ohio View Post
            Elaine C. Smith, the actress who reads Susan's book, sings Ye Banks and Braes and Amazing Grace on the CDs.
            Got an e-mail notice today that mine is on the way! Yippee!!!
            sigpic"There will always be plenty of people who will give up on you. No need to give up on yourself" Susan Boyle

Comment

Mine is on the way to - may receive it tomorrow (tuesday) - can't wait to get it

Comment

I got my audio version of Susan's book last Saturday, October 23. I listened to it yesterday. It's great. I love hearing Susan's story told with her Scottish accent. It brings Susan right into my home. It's delightful. The book is more complete. The CD version has been edited to just cover the basics but it is worth the extra money just to hear Elaine C. Smith read it. She does a wonderful job. I'm going to read the book again as soon as my Mom and my sister give it back!

Comment

Mine came today and is sitting in my car waiting til next week when I have an 8 hour trip to Virginia. (Hope I can wait). I have got five hours of songs on my Ipod (I loaded IDAD and the other songs of Susan's I have several times so that when I hit "shuffle" Susan pops up frequently.) With the 3.5 hours of the audio book I will be set for a dream trip up I-85. Whoo who... And my husband wants my to fly. Not happening.

Comment

I got mine today too. Elaine C. Smith does a good job but I would have much preferred to hear Susan read it herself. Maybe they will come out with an unabridged version that Susan can read!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wchisholm View Post
                      I got mine today too. Elaine C. Smith does a good job but I would have much preferred to hear Susan read it herself. Maybe they will come out with an unabridged version that Susan can read!
                      That is NOT something I would ever consider buying. I have a hard enough time understanding Susan speaking, that trying to undetstand many hours of it would just be an exercise in frustration and futility. I am grateful for every closed caption interview that is published.

As I recall, I was not the only one who was glad she was not doing the reading on the CD. I wouldn't have bought the abridged version if Susan had been doing the reading.

/S

Comment

My copy finally arrived Monday afternoon, but I didn't make it out to the mailbox to pick it up until very late. I put on all 3 discs and just sat back to enjoy listening. This was my 'first' audiobook! And the results have thrilled me. In places I do wish it weren't quite so 'abridged' but all the most important facets of Susan's book are there. I love hearing Elaine C Smith do this reading! And I think I'll be listening to the entire 3 discs over and over again, no matter how many times I read the book.

Now--only need to wait for the CD and DVD set of 'The Gift' to arrive from QVC. Well, and the copy of just the CD too, from Amazon. I'm sure I'll not receive any of that until the week of Nov 15, but that's okay: there is always IDAD, various 'other unrecorded songs' I have copies of on my computer, and now, two versions of Susan's autobiography to keep me company until 'The Gift' finally gets here.

Comment

Just finished listening to the recorded version read by Elaine C.Smith. Having already read the book I enjoyed the recorded Version very much. At first I had a little trouble understanding what I was listening to but I mastered the Scottish Brogue in a very short time and enjoyed it very much. I want to read the book again and will probably listen to the CD again. Only fault I found with it is that tho Elaine has a good voice, she's no match for Susan.
                          Last edited by Selimron; 10-27-2010, 03:13 AM.
                          The Sun Never Sets On Susan Boyle.:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by SandraLee View Post

That is NOT something I would ever consider buying. I have a hard enough time understanding Susan speaking, that trying to undetstand many hours of it would just be an exercise in frustration and futility. I am grateful for every closed caption interview that is published.

As I recall, I was not the only one who was glad she was not doing the reading on the CD. I wouldn't have bought the abridged version if Susan had been doing the reading.

/S
                            Well, I would have bought the audio version - abridged or unabridged - if Susan had been reading it. But only to be able to listen to Susan speaking for hours on end. But of course I wouldn't have understood more than a little bit here and there ...

Just the sound of her voice. I am truly smitten.
                            You who think yourself young, just have a look at this woman, she has kept a heart of gold and a pure soul … (French commentator)

Please support your Forum: You may buy anything from Amazon through the SuboStore by clicking on "Shopping" (light-blue banner at top of page).

Comment

I enjoyed listening to Elaine C. Smith read the book. I think she did a great job, and I could understand all of it without having the book in front of me.

Of course, I'd much rather have listened to Susan! That would have been nice if they would have inserted Susan's laugh in some of those funny places in the book.

Comment

Working...
                              X