Forum Support For Susan Boyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jordie View Post
    What better reasons for partying!!!! There is much to celebrate here. Susan is No. 1 and the journey she has taken us on since her audition has been a "hang on to your seats guys" trip. Many thanks CB for your chronical of Susan's accomplishments and this Forum's membership that has supported Susan along the way. It has indeed been majic. Do we go for another 5 years folks???
    I would like to think that this forum will be here in fifty years time - or in five hundred years - in some shape or form! A legend never dies and never goes out of date.
    You who think yourself young, just have a look at this woman, she has kept a heart of gold and a pure soul … (French commentator)

Please support your Forum: You may buy anything from Amazon through the SuboStore by clicking on "Shopping" (light-blue banner at top of page).

Comment

Originally posted by MollBobbers View Post

I would like to think that this forum will be here in fifty years time - or in five hundred years - in some shape or form! A legend never dies and never goes out of date.
      Too true, Moll, but sadly some of us will have had:frown: to bow out.....

Comment

Originally posted by jordie View Post
        Too true, Moll, but sadly some of us will have had:frown: to bow out.....
        That is true, jordie. Just like with any community, older members will bow out and newer members will come on board ... But I hope we can all re-assemble in another place, where we can continue to listen to Susan singing.
        You who think yourself young, just have a look at this woman, she has kept a heart of gold and a pure soul … (French commentator)

Please support your Forum: You may buy anything from Amazon through the SuboStore by clicking on "Shopping" (light-blue banner at top of page).

Comment

Hi Bill,
          Thanks for the summary and for selecting one of my videos from the time Susan came to Aus. I notice you have late October as the period she came to Aus. Would you mind amending this please? Susan was in Sydney, Australia from 5-10 November. It was to coincide with the release of her CD. Whilst about a dozen of us saw Susan during her public events, only one fan, Chook actually met Susan.

Thanks
          sigpic

Comment

Bill states in post #1 : " The cover of Susan's fifth album was affected by fan support here for a suggested cover photo."

You're a far too modest little chappie Bill. This should read: The suggested cover design by CB for Susan's fifth album "Home for Christmas" was enthusiastically supported by fans on the forum. It was taken up and used by Syco for the album with credit given to CB for the inspiration.

Also it was one year ago today (1st February) that a group of fans went to the Donny & Marie Concert in Glasgow to see Susan sing the duet with Donny and she also sang WIWBTB. The fans didn't have the chance to meet with Susan - but she knew they were in the audience. As with the O2 D&M concert in London. (sorry don't remember the date).

Thanks for everything you do here Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Tiger` View Post
              Bill states in post #1 : " The cover of Susan's fifth album was affected by fan support here for a suggested cover photo."

You're a far too modest little chappie Bill. This should read: The suggested cover design by CB for Susan's fifth album "Home for Christmas" was enthusiastically supported by fans on the forum. It was taken up and used by Syco for the album with credit given to CB for the inspiration ...
              LT your alternative version is perfect.

Comment

I would like to say all of the above to Canadian Bill. Your work is above and beyond amazingly brilliant every time. Not enough words to express my appreciation for all the wonderful posters through the last 4+ years. Without questions, beautiful! All of them!

And CBill, I agree with you, there are so many contributors to this amazing fan site and many other sites in support of Susan. It's not only the individual fan's creative efforts, but each individual's comments. What I mean by that, is the contributing daily posters, chit chatting over various items, events, documents, disasters... making the fan site alive with support for Susan. I always feel whether we like what is said or don't, at least they speak out and take part in the everyday happenings of Susan Boyle. This is one grand fan site that I am proud to be part of.

Comment

Thanks for all these reminders Bill. An amazing list.
                  Perhaps you could add the first time that Susan ever came to a m and g simply to meet fans, not connected with any performance. That was July 2010 in the Premier Inn in in Livingston , Scotland and there were just eleven of us there. It was memorable because Susan came dressed in red and as she entered she said " I'm in my red!", in support of the Forum's adopted colour. She'd gone to the trouble of wearing a red poncho over her red dress despite the summer weather!
                  Last edited by English admirer; 02-01-2014, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Thank you so much Bill. This is awesome. Our forum is such an important place to support Susan and each other.
                    Support your Forum: shop SuBo store
                    http://www.subostore.com/

Comment

Thank you Bill for your list of ways we have supported Susan over the years!!

Moll, I agree that a two day celebration sounds like fun. It could be a world wide celebration right here on the Forum and we could all attend.
                      SHOP AMAZON
                      Support the Forum

http://forum.susan-boyle.com/threads...here-on-Amazon

Comment

What I love best about this site is that all us fans love Susan and Susan love all us fans! It just works out so well for all of us.
                        You get out of life what you put into it.

Comment

I believe the term, 'The Next Susan Boyle' will be used in speech for not just our generation but also beyond. It'll be sort of be like how we still say today, 'All Roads Lead To Rome' Future generations will always study out, who was this Susan Boyle and what made her so special and listening to her voice it'll always be made clear. Perhaps they'll even be interested in reading from threads like this which reveals the widespread support she had from fans around the world. Without a doubt some might even be green with envy they weren't here.
                          No sweeping exits or offstage lines
                          Could make me feel bitter or treat you unkind

Comment

Will you still be a Mod? I'll leave a note for my descendants to find this forum so they can see what their crazy ancestor got up to and they will discover a forum where people came to support Susan - the Legend.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thank you, Bill, for posting this impressive list!
                              One of the great things about getting older is that the world becomes more colourful - not just black and white.

Comment

Thanks for this thread Bill, I feel priviliged to be a part of this fan support for Susan.
                                That is why I care so much for this forum, to meet people who admire Susan and let her know they are behind everything she does in her career.
                                Treat every person with kindness and respect, even those who are rude to you. Remember that you show compassion to others not because of who they are but because of who you are.
                                Author: Andrew T. Somers

Support your Forum: shop SuBo store, "Shopping" -- light blue banner at the top of the page

Comment

Working...
                                X