Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8th Audition Anniversary

Back in 2009 - on this day....

"Support our Forum using the Subo store for your online shopping.
    Click on the upper left "Amazon.com" (.co.uk, or .ca) to buy anything.
    http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreUSA
    http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreUK
    http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreCA

Thank you for another beautiful poster, CanadianBill. I was looking forward to opening the Forum this morning and finding something wonderful from you to celebrate the day. This one event was so life-changing for so many. Susan's voice had less to do with the ear, and more to do with the heart. I will never tire of her amazing talent. This is a day to celebrate, indeed.

Comment

Thank you, CanadianBill! Lovely poster, as always. A day, worth to celebrate!

Comment

Certainly no Susan Boyle fan could ever forget this day - for myself i could probably count on the fingers of one hand the days i have not listened to her sing, since first hearing her.
        "Support our Forum using the Subo store for your online shopping.
        Click on the upper left "Amazon.com" (.co.uk, or .ca) to buy anything.
        http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreUSA
        http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreUK
        http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreCA

Comment

Thank you, Bill, for this beautiful poster. They get better every time.
          You who think yourself young, just have a look at this woman, she has kept a heart of gold and a pure soul … (French commentator)

Please support your Forum: You may buy anything from Amazon through the SuboStore by clicking on "Shopping" (light-blue banner at top of page).

Comment

Originally posted by MollBobbers View Post
            Thank you, Bill, for this beautiful poster. They get better every time.
            Yes, they do! Great poster, Bill!

Comment

Thank you CB for this more than beautiful poster. I celebrate not only this day but also April 13 which is the first day I saw the audition and heard the most beautiful female voice ever and have never stopped listening. Susan delighted with her personality and her voice charmed the ears, soothed the hearts and gave hope to millions in a troubled world. Thank you Susan for your courage on that day in 2009 and thank you for all the beautiful music in the years since.
              Last edited by whiskers; 04-11-2017, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Bill, what an awesome poster...tells the tale. This date 11 years ago was the beginning of a new life for Susan and one that imprinted her voice and person on so many hundreds of pple. Best wishes Susan on your anniversary of your audition.

Comment

Happy eighth anniversary, Susan, and to all your fans. Because it is the day that changed lives, not just yours, but also our lives. A truly momentous day. Thank you for your courage and determination to make it happen. And for all the Beautiful music since then.

A fantastic poster, Canadian Bill. Thank you for the poster and for this thread for us to celebrate Susan's anniversary.

Comment

I still feel privileged to have been one of the multitude who were blown away eight years ago by the beautiful voice and charming lady from Scotland on BGT. Happy to have watched her over and over, and to have tried to follow her on line, which led me to become a part of her devoted fans at Susan-Boyle.com. To have been here during the agony and the ecstasy of watching her struggle and take flight to become an international star. I can remember well just how it felt back at the beginning. It was intense and nerve-wracking and thrilling. And there was that deep bond that formed among the fans because we all felt the same way about our Susan and shared the same experience.

Do you remember how we spent hours trying to find the words to explain how we felt when we listened to her voice? I’m not sure if we ever quite captured it, but it was a lot of fun trying. Then came all the performances that we were glued to, either in person if we were lucky enough, or on videos. And the wonder was that there was almost always somebody who would capture those occasions and bring them to the rest of us on video! We had so much talent here and the good will to share it.

I think about all that sometimes when I’m listening to Susan’s albums. I still feel the same wonder and delight every time I hear her sing. I’d love for her to return to performing live. I think if she did, the huge number of fans would reappear here in an instant. But the main things I want are for her to keep recording and to be happy!

And I do still love all my fan friends – those I manage to see or talk to and the many I don’t. You are some of the most special people in the world!
                    sigpic

Comment

OMG! Just exactly what you said, AD! Susan's impact on us all, so beautifully described!

Comment

CB the poster is just beautiful as are your comments. Thank you for always leading with something special.

AD you wrote such touching sentiments capturing the "ride" all of us have been on along with Susan. The agony and the ectasy as we watched her daring audition and rise to prominence with her magnificent voice. Wherever the ride takes us, count me in. As for meeting all the fans- well just how lucky are we! It has all been magical. Thank you for capturiing the mood of these years, so beautifully.
                        Last edited by Clemmie; 04-11-2017, 08:06 PM.
                        SHOP AMAZON
                        Support the Forum

http://forum.susan-boyle.com/threads...here-on-Amazon

Comment

Thank you for this thread and your beautiful poster Bill. Isn't it good to look back on this journey and all the wonderful experiences we've had following Susan's career! Eight years? How the time has gone.
                          Amber Duke you said it all - and so well. I hope there's a lot more to look forward to in the future.

Comment

Beautiful poster, Bill! Captures the essence...

Yes -- I remember especially the BGT Tour in 2009, where we were so grateful to see snippets of her performances, even the sideways ones , and I remember being up all night to see them! How ebullient she was; how far Susan has come since then, and how many countries she has visited!

I hope, too, that we will see Susan perform again, and I agree with AD -- "You are some of the most special people in the world!", and I am grateful to be a member here.

"I once was lost, but now am found."
                            Susafan Squad Member

Comment

Originally posted by Amber Duke View Post
                              I still feel privileged to have been one of the multitude who were blown away eight years ago by the beautiful voice and charming lady from Scotland on BGT. Happy to have watched her over and over, and to have tried to follow her on line, which led me to become a part of her devoted fans at Susan-Boyle.com. To have been here during the agony and the ecstasy of watching her struggle and take flight to become an international star. I can remember well just how it felt back at the beginning. It was intense and nerve-wracking and thrilling. And there was that deep bond that formed among the fans because we all felt the same way about our Susan and shared the same experience.

Do you remember how we spent hours trying to find the words to explain how we felt when we listened to her voice? I’m not sure if we ever quite captured it, but it was a lot of fun trying. Then came all the performances that we were glued to, either in person if we were lucky enough, or on videos. And the wonder was that there was almost always somebody who would capture those occasions and bring them to the rest of us on video! We had so much talent here and the good will to share it.

I think about all that sometimes when I’m listening to Susan’s albums. I still feel the same wonder and delight every time I hear her sing. I’d love for her to return to performing live. I think if she did, the huge number of fans would reappear here in an instant. But the main things I want are for her to keep recording and to be happy!

And I do still love all my fan friends – those I manage to see or talk to and the many I don’t. You are some of the most special people in the world!
                              Yes. Thank you for expressing what so many of us feel.

Comment

Working...
                              X