Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ballad written for Susan

Hello everyone

A Mr. Don Sullivan has just joined our site at Amazing. He has written a new ballad for Susan called "Whispers In The Dark". When he joined he asked me if it was okay to post his song on the site. I clicked on his link to the youtube video and listened to the song. It really touched my heart and I would like to share it with you.

I am not certain of all the lyrics, so I won't try to post them yet. I have contacted him and asked him to send me the lyrics and also the name of the singer. I am waiting on his reply and will update this message with the lyrics as soon as he has sent them to me.

This is his message to me when he joined Amazing.

Don Sullivan says...

I have written a song that I am hoping to get the amazing Susan Boyle to record. I hope that you dont mind that I am posting the youtube link to the demo on your site. Please give it a listen and let me know what you all think. Thank you.

Here is the link to his video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra6TPbu9YEw

If you like the song, please give it a thumbs up and comment on youtube if you wish.

***Mods, wasn't sure where to post something like this, so if necessary you can move the thread.

Thank you,

TommyUSA

I like it. Think someone posted the link on another thread earlier. I see Mr. Sullivan is the newest "Registrant" here on this Forum too. Obviously has great regard for our Susan.
    "To love a person is to know the song in their heart & sing it to them when they've forgotten."
    They come, they come, to build a wall between us...we know they won't win." Don't dream it's over.

Comment

Originally posted by Ponylady View Post
      I like it. Think someone posted the link on another thread earlier. I see Mr. Sullivan is the newest "Registrant" here on this Forum too. Obviously has great regard for our Susan.
      Could you direct me to that thread please?

Comment

Twitter thread, Tommy....post 46149

Comment

Originally posted by TommyUSA View Post

Thanks to Soothed. I would never have found it. Better here for further discussion as the Twitter thread isn't for chatting.
          "To love a person is to know the song in their heart & sing it to them when they've forgotten."
          They come, they come, to build a wall between us...we know they won't win." Don't dream it's over.

Comment

I really like this song for Susan....hope TPTB and Susan do too.

Comment

I thought the other video had the lyrics on it. Sorry. .I really like the song.

Comment

Originally posted by Ponylady View Post
                Thanks to Soothed. I would never have found it. Better here for further discussion as the Twitter thread isn't for chatting.
                It was also posted here weeks ago, shortly after it was put on YouTube, but there's no harm done in posting it again for people who missed it before.

Comment

I just got around to listening to this song. I think it is wonderful. And everyone knows how "picky" i can be after six years- hahahaha

I wish Sullivan well in getting Miss Boyle to sing this. I think it is right up her alley in the range, lyrics and the melody. Good Luck to you Don. Great Job.
                  sigpic"

Caveat: All opinions expressed are in my humble opinion unless stated otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyPA View Post

It was also posted here weeks ago, shortly after it was put on YouTube, but there's no harm done in posting it again for people who missed it before.
                    It is a very good song. If not for Miss Boyle, someone else. I like it very much.
                    sigpic"

Caveat: All opinions expressed are in my humble opinion unless stated otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyUSA View Post

Thanks for giving this song attention Tommy.
                      I think it was only earlier posted in the Twitter thread, it does deserve a thread of its own.
                      Treat every person with kindness and respect, even those who are rude to you. Remember that you show compassion to others not because of who they are but because of who you are.
                      Author: Andrew T. Somers

Support your Forum: shop SuBo store, "Shopping" -- light blue banner at the top of the page

Comment

Thanks Tommy, and thanks also to Mr. Don Sullivan for sharing a beautiful demo of "Whispers In The Dark" as well as your thoughts in your comment. Whether Susan and her label choose to record it is presently unknown, but if she does, no doubt she will "make it her own" and deliver it into our hearts as only Susan can. Much good luck. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by truusbuist View Post

Thanks for giving this song attention Tommy.
                          I think it was only earlier posted in the Twitter thread, it does deserve a thread of its own.
                          You are very welcome, my friend ... I thought so too

Love and SusaHugs, Tommy

Comment

Originally posted by whiskers View Post
                            Thanks Tommy, and thanks also to Mr. Don Sullivan for sharing a beautiful demo of "Whispers In The Dark" as well as your thoughts in your comment. Whether Susan and her label choose to record it is presently unknown, but if she does, no doubt she will "make it her own" and deliver it into our hearts as only Susan can. Much good luck. IMO
                            You are most welcome, dear SusaFriend

SusaHugs, Tommy

Comment

Tommy, is Dan Sullivan the one who wrote the other song for Susan called Never Been Kissed? That was a good song , too, and the woman sounds very much the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X