We Bought Susan's Book - Where, When, What We Said

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ponylady View Post
    Oh, internight, you have been deprived far too long. Thank goodness your friend is bringing this treasure back to you so you can see the whole picture of what we have all be blabbing about so much. Even knowing a bit of what is in it, you will be amazed at how it reads cover to cover, keeping you entranced. Thanks for checking in. Let us know when your "dream" arrives!
    I want just tell you I got my book and CD today!Finaly!!!Happy happy, happy... I am!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo View Post

Perhaps we in sunny South Africa have that claim. It will only be out in about two more weeks I was told on last enquiry!!!
      Makes me wonder if and when Susan's book will appear in other places around the world, especially in paperback. The fact that it hit the "Best Sellers" list is so amazing. She's not controversial, not profane, not writing for the tween world, not a politician in or out of trouble. Still, she hit the best seller lists. I'm not certain a ton of promo would have kept sales up with all the other books constantly hitting the market. But we can continue to be her biggest PR and, as I said elsewhere, this book can sell anytime Susan is in the news and anytime someone discovers her voice.
      "To love a person is to know the song in their heart & sing it to them when they've forgotten."
      They come, they come, to build a wall between us...we know they won't win." Don't dream it's over.

Comment

• Just saw this on the Twitter thread. What a GREAT article and would be great to pass on to anyone via any means. EVERYONE should read this autobiography for so many reasons.
        uncommongen Claudia Looi
        Are you a fan of Susan Boyle? http://ow.ly/4I8Zu
        46 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

A blog from last December but a very nice one!
        "To love a person is to know the song in their heart & sing it to them when they've forgotten."
        They come, they come, to build a wall between us...we know they won't win." Don't dream it's over.

Comment

• thanks for bringing up that older article, as i had forgotten it.
          sigpic"

Caveat: All opinions expressed are in my humble opinion unless stated otherwise.

Comment

• She well wrote! Thanks for sharing Ponylady.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jana Hamtilová View Post
              She well wrote! Thanks for sharing Ponylady.
              You always say the truth so well, Jana.

Another great Mother's Day suggestion. A treasure to own and read and re-read!

Comment

Makes me wonder if and when Susan's book will appear in other places around the world, especially in paperback. The fact that it hit the "Best Sellers" list is so amazing. She's not controversial, not profane, not writing for the tween world, not a politician in or out of trouble. Still, she hit the best seller lists. I'm not certain a ton of promo would have kept sales up with all the other books constantly hitting the market. But we can continue to be her biggest PR and, as I said elsewhere, this book can sell anytime Susan is in the news and anytime someone discovers her voice.
                It's a very endearing account from dear Susan. Gave it to my mother and she said she couldn't put it down. Susan is just a charming person with a good heart and a lot of spunk. I wrote her and told her the title of the book should have been called COURAGE after reading it.

Comment

• COURAGE ho YES!After 6 month begin the

chapter 2!I not abandon!

Belgium :rolleyes:

Comment

• Originally posted by capucine View Post
                    COURAGE ho YES!After 6 month begin the

chapter 2!I not abandon!

Belgium :rolleyes:
                    CAPUCINE!

One should read s l o w l y,
                    then you have the pleasure of the book for a long time!
                    sigpic

Susafan Squad Member

Comment

• I'm finding a treasurehouse of heart-warming posts on Amazon from folks who get it, like this one. This book needs to reach the eyes of more folks and Mothers' Day is such a good opportunity.

I do wonder if we Amazon registered customers might do well to drop in on the "reviews" and give the nasty ones a "Not Helpful" to drop them off the top. The first one is really stupid.

"Although I am generally not very fond of celebrity-authored autobiographies, Susan Boyle's autobiography truly moved and inspired me.

Susan's writing style is heartwarming and nuanced. She writes with warmth, tenderness, forgiveness, and compassion. Susan's marvelous story is one of triumph and courage. She was on the other side of visibility all her life before she rose to fame, and was hurt so many times in so many ways. She did not indulge in self-pity, but instead transformed her experiences into artistic power. Her autobiography helped me understand why her songs touched me the way they did.

When I first watched Susan's rendition of "Memory," I sensed chills running down my spine. I could not quite articulate why I felt that way at the time. Now I know what it was. Her passionate rendition of that song embodied a pent-up longing, exile endured, love denied, and the loss of an era. She sang with the intense fragility that decades of doubt brings when life singles you out. She sang with the tenderness and beauty that hope brings when so many doors have been closed in your face.

Susan's voice comes out beautifully in her writings as it does in her songs. A splendid read."

Comment

• Has anyone read this paperback version. I see it now offered on Amazon here. Is it complete and with pictures, etc.?

Formats
                        Buy new
                        Paperback In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
                        $16.00
                        $10.66

Hardcover Order in the next 19 hours to get it by Friday, Jun 10.
                        $26.00
                        $16.71

Comment

Has anyone read this paperback version. I see it now offered on Amazon here. Is it complete and with pictures, etc.?

Formats

Buy new

Paperback In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
                          $16.00
                          $10.66

Hardcover Order in the next 19 hours to get it by Friday, Jun 10.
                          $26.00
                          $16.71

Yes, I bought the paperback version. It has all the photos inside, but the paperback version is so much cuter. The only difference is the back of the book, it has three really cute photos of Susan instead of the photo from one of her performances. I like the paperback version better, it is so much prettier.

Comment

• Originally posted by apple2828 View Post
                            Yes, I bought the paperback version. It has all the photos inside, but the paperback version is so much cuter. The only difference is the back of the book, it has three really cute photos of Susan instead of the photo from one of her performances. I like the paperback version better, it is so much prettier.
                            Ah, thank you. Now I know it will be a super gift. Did not want one word left out from the original though. Thanks!

Comment

Ah, thank you. Now I know it will be a super gift. Did not want one word left out from the original though. Thanks!

LOL...isn't it just the greatest fun to surprise folks with a Susagift? I still carry some of Susan's CD's in an insulated bag in my car...and just a couple of weeks ago, as I'm prone to do, something triggered me when I was in a beauty supply shop buying hairspray, and I mentioned Susan's music. The clerk's mouth dropped open in joyful surprise, as she exclaimed, "Oh...do you love her, too? SO DO I! I think she has the most angelic voice!", and she and I continued discussing our enjoyment of Susan's music. She had purchased IDAD, and loves it, but didn't realize Susan had produced THE GIFT. So, I took my purchase to the car, and returned to present her with a MEGA SURPRISE LOVE GIFT FOR HER...SUSAN'S "THE GIFT", COMPLETE WITH A STICKY BOW ON THE FRONT.

I'm glad to hear about these paperback copies of Susan's book. I've given several of the hardbound copies as special birthday gifts to close friends, and they love them.

But, my most treasured SUSAN BOOK of all, is one a couple of dear Susafriends surprised me with...autographed by Susan herself at her first book signing. I WON'T DISCLOSE THEIR NAMES, BUT THEY'LL NEVER KNOW HOW MUCH JOY THAT PRECIOUS AUTOGRAPHED COPY MEANS TO ME!
                              Last edited by Trish (Pat Pierce); 06-09-2011, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• CBs thread "Flowers for Algernon" has been a great read and has me looking deeper at the behaviour of those who "bash." On Amazon, the Customer Discussions can be heartwarming or pathetic. One sad soul has set up his profile stating his "mission in life" is to "expose" Susan Boyle as a non-talent. He will go to Amazon and buy one of each of her book or cds and then give them a "one star" review (lowest you can go.) Doesn't phase him that he is pretty much alone, although it is likely he has more than one IP and a few trolls drop in to join him and often get banned for inappropriate comments. An example from Susan's book:

There were 80 reviews on Susan's Autobiography.
                                66 5 star
                                9 4 star
                                1 3 star
                                2 2 star
                                2 1 star

Same goes for her cds, although for IDAD there are 1,648 reviews (whew) with 1,258 5 star. Still he persists and gains some sick pride in the bashing. It's all he has I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X