Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal stories related to Susan's book

Hi yall ...

There is a Thread concerning whom BOUGHT Susans book, Threads related to the Book itself but I thought I would start a NEW Thread, that might yield some very interesting Contributions .
    On this Thread , you can go in as many directions as you want concerning any personal story that relates to Susans book .
    It could be something internally related , or ....something externally related ,but either way reveals how Susans book is affecting ....

I'll start with my personal story:

My girlfreind and her daughter, recently came over from Edmonton Alberta , for her daughter Hannah to see a Justin Bieber concert.
    Um.......Hannah ended up becoming somewhat "famous" through that , but thats a Thread and a funny story I'll probably start in a Chat Thread .

In the meantime:
    At this point I had only read up to half way in Susans book ( as I am making it last as looong as I can before finishing it ) .

I had told my friend about the book and she had been keenly interested in it .

Well, they stayed overnight at my place , with the plan of me taking Hannah to the bus depot in the morning , so that , her mom ( my freind) could continue sleeping.

The night before , all Hannah wanted to do was take a peek at Susans book.

Her mom had to pry her away from it , for her to pack her clothes to go home the next day , which is when her mom , grabbed the book and started reading it .

After about 20 minutes or so , Hannah had finished packing , her mom went to do something and Hannah picked up the book again.

She had to go to bed sometime - so her mom shooed her away from the book so she could go to bed .

My friend asked me when I was going to be back from the bus depot in the morning and so I told her about 9:30 , but that I was probably going to just crash on the couch for a while as I was extremely tired.

She asked me to leave the book beside her pillow , so that , if she woke up and I was still crashed , she could just read some of the book till I woke up .

So, I left it there, by her pillow.

Next morning, I took Hannah to the bus depot ( she was going on ahead of her mother as she was going to be stopping in another city for a few days to see friends) .

When I came home , I left out a pudding cup , a mango and a box of Healthy snack bars for her to dig into in case I was asleep .

Ok , I admit I was REALLY tired. So much so , that I ended up sleeping undisturbed , ALL AFTERNOON .
    When I woke up , and saw what time it was ( omigoodness I overslept) , I went to my bedroom , where my friend was and there she was , lying there , with book in hand , an open box of snack bars with 3/4s of them eaten ( wrappers all round) , an empty pudding cup with spoon still stuck inside ....and she sheepishly said :

UH....Im on the very last of the pages of the book.

"You read Susans ENTIRE book?" I said ??
    ( It appeared she had not even gone up to go the bathroom , the way all the garbage was strewn about her )

Good Heavens , I havent even finished it yet and you've gone and read the WHOLE thing??

Welllll................I didnt want to wake you , so I just read ....and kept reading and ......now I'm almost done...

So...I just left her lying there , till she completely read Susans book . Bewildered.

She came out a few minutes later , having completed it and said :
    I DONT THINK I HAVE EVER READ ONE BOOK STRAIGHT THROUGH FOR 6 HOURS, WITHOUT INTERRUPTION , BEFORE ..........

Er.. I admit, I was a bit bewildered because , now she knew MORE then I did about the Book.

Anyways , she wanted to talk about different parts of it, but given I hadnt read the parts about "YVIE " .......she had to refrain .
    Er.....thats the chapter that had really moved her .....

Well, later that evening , she gets on FaceBook .
    She has 350 "friends" and told them all she had read Susan Boyles book for 6 straight hours, non-stop and she'd loved it .

Now ....those "friends" whom comment often ...ALSO have "friends" and so on and so on .MORE TO HEAR ABOUT SUSANS BOOK.

The next day , my friend was on the phone to ANOTHER friend , she has not seen in a few years ( re-connecting on her visit here ) and she told THAT friend , on the phone , what she had done .
    I heard THAT friend , talking to her about SUSAN as well ....

and on and on , it goes .

See how one seed just produces another and another and another and another???

Thats my personal story, now interested to hear others.....

Originally posted by blessdalotbysusan View Post
    Hi yall ...

There is a Thread concerning whom BOUGHT Susans book, Threads related to the Book itself but I thought I would start a NEW Thread, that might yield some very interesting Contributions .
    On this Thread , you can go in as many directions as you want concerning any personal story that relates to Susans book .
    It could be something internally related , or ....something externally related ,but either way reveals how Susans book is affecting ....

I'll start with my personal story:

My girlfreind and her daughter, recently came over from Edmonton Alberta , for her daughter Hannah to see a Justin Bieber concert.
    Um.......Hannah ended up becoming somewhat "famous" through that , but thats a Thread and a funny story I'll probably start in a Chat Thread .

In the meantime:
    At this point I had only read up to half way in Susans book ( as I am making it last as looong as I can before finishing it ) .

I had told my friend about the book and she had been keenly interested in it .

Well, they stayed overnight at my place , with the plan of me taking Hannah to the bus depot in the morning , so that , her mom ( my freind) could continue sleeping.

The night before , all Hannah wanted to do was take a peek at Susans book.

Her mom had to pry her away from it , for her to pack her clothes to go home the next day , which is when her mom , grabbed the book and started reading it .

After about 20 minutes or so , Hannah had finished packing , her mom went to do something and Hannah picked up the book again.

She had to go to bed sometime - so her mom shooed her away from the book so she could go to bed .

My friend asked me when I was going to be back from the bus depot in the morning and so I told her about 9:30 , but that I was probably going to just crash on the couch for a while as I was extremely tired.

She asked me to leave the book beside her pillow , so that , if she woke up and I was still crashed , she could just read some of the book till I woke up .

So, I left it there, by her pillow.

Next morning, I took Hannah to the bus depot ( she was going on ahead of her mother as she was going to be stopping in another city for a few days to see friends) .

When I came home , I left out a pudding cup , a mango and a box of Healthy snack bars for her to dig into in case I was asleep .

Ok , I admit I was REALLY tired. So much so , that I ended up sleeping undisturbed , ALL AFTERNOON .
    When I woke up , and saw what time it was ( omigoodness I overslept) , I went to my bedroom , where my friend was and there she was , lying there , with book in hand , an open box of snack bars with 3/4s of them eaten ( wrappers all round) , an empty pudding cup with spoon still stuck inside ....and she sheepishly said :

UH....Im on the very last of the pages of the book.

"You read Susans ENTIRE book?" I said ??
    ( It appeared she had not even gone up to go the bathroom , the way all the garbage was strewn about her )

Good Heavens , I havent even finished it yet and you've gone and read the WHOLE thing??

Welllll................I didnt want to wake you , so I just read ....and kept reading and ......now I'm almost done...

So...I just left her lying there , till she completely read Susans book . Bewildered.

She came out a few minutes later , having completed it and said :
    I DONT THINK I HAVE EVER READ ONE BOOK STRAIGHT THROUGH FOR 6 HOURS, WITHOUT INTERRUPTION , BEFORE ..........

Er.. I admit, I was a bit bewildered because , now she knew MORE then I did about the Book.

Anyways , she wanted to talk about different parts of it, but given I hadnt read the parts about "YVIE " .......she had to refrain .
    Er.....thats the chapter that had really moved her .....

Well, later that evening , she gets on FaceBook .
    She has 350 "friends" and told them all she had read Susan Boyles book for 6 straight hours, non-stop and she'd loved it .

Now ....those "friends" whom comment often ...ALSO have "friends" and so on and so on .MORE TO HEAR ABOUT SUSANS BOOK.

The next day , my friend was on the phone to ANOTHER friend , she has not seen in a few years ( re-connecting on her visit here ) and she told THAT friend , on the phone , what she had done .
    I heard THAT friend , talking to her about SUSAN as well ....

and on and on , it goes .

See how one seed just produces another and another and another and another???

Thats my personal story, now interested to hear others.....
    Thanks for your story,it proves that "word of mouth" is the most powerful form of advertising.Susan's book is a great read and I think that telling friends about it and lending the book will help to make it a great success.

Comment

Teeny tiny meet n greet book shopping story

I had a long-planned and delightful mini meet n greet with Bonnie Campbell on Saturday. Like so many of us, she was relieved (is that the word?) to find someone who UNDERSTANDS!

Bonnie has read just about everything on Susan ~ but not yet the book!!!! So we went to a couple of book stores and found it. I happen to know Bonnie is immersed in it as we speak. I'm sure we'll talk more.
      Blessings & Bear Hugs
      SusaFan Squad member
      Supporting Susan in a Positive Way

Comment

I went to my local walmart that had the book this weekend and today the were sold out! I also love the audio versoin of this book too! It was interesting hearing it read by someone scotish. Elaine Smith is a great reader and she even sings some of the songs on the cd. You can hear her almost bursting out laughing at the funny parts as if she had just read them for the first time. Susan made a great choice having her read the story.

Comment

blessedalotbysusan, that is some story! and here your friend is really spreading the word and she wasn't even a dyed-in-the-wool Susafan like us! let the word go forth from this time and place............
          (sorry (NOT!) for using JFK's words. I heard him say them, live n tv.)

Silent Night just ended so that's my cue to get to bed to dream a dream.
          Even in hard times there's a possibility to have fun.

Eyden I

Comment

Great story, blessed. I really don't have much of a story, but I did donate a book to our church library in honor of my brother who has Cerebral Palsy. I was telling our librarian what I was going to do and she said great, but not to expect to see it in the library for a couple of days because she was going to read it first!! She's not a nut about Susan like I am but she loves her voice. I think the book is a perfect inspiration for church, school, and assisted living libraries. Soon as I can afford it, I will get one for the assisted living facility of one our little ladies from church.
            sigpic"There will always be plenty of people who will give up on you. No need to give up on yourself" Susan Boyle

Comment

Well, on a smaller scale, I have a copy to lend, and I lent it right away.

And, I'll keep on doing that.

This is a wonderful story.
              She certainly moved the earth when her time came.......sometimes we don't see the angels in our midst.

SR

Comment

By the way, blessed. Your thread's still here, still open. Maybe the mods de-trolled it?
                Blessings & Bear Hugs
                SusaFan Squad member

Comment

Well this is fun. I have a very-well-read houseguest here in the wilds of Oregon who has known from the beginning of my Susafandom. Of all the books in my bookcase that she could have started reading, she chose Susan's book ~ on her own! ~ and finds it fascinating. Cool!

Blessings & Bear Hugs
                  SusaFan Squad member

Comment

And it is fascinating.....Your houseguest has good taste...

Comment

Working...
                    X