Dec 18-24: Susa-News Summary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dec 18-24: Susa-News Summary

We, as her adoring fans, are privileged to constantly watch and enjoy the public activities of Global Superstar, Susan Boyle. I am maintaining a daily log of the highlights of Susa-news and not editorializing toooo much. Accuracy is very important - PLEASE PM any additions and/or corrections to me. I’ve tried to credit the right Fan where possible. Please forgive my mistakes and send me a correction.

!! A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL SUSAFANS WHERE EVER YOU ARE !!

December 18-24: Week before Christmas

December 18, Sunday

1. A note posted by John Duffy on Facebook hat Susan was a Xmas Party for pensioners at the Blackburn Bowling Club. “Just had the pleasure of Susan Boyle singing I dream a dream LIVE! No music, just Susan singing! It was UNBELIEVABLE!!” And a bit later he posted: “She does so much for charity, tonight was at a pensioner Xmas party, in Blackburn Bowling Club.”

2. From the week prior to December 18, A Wonderful World was #49 on the World Top 50 Albums Chart. This is the 7th consecutive year of ranking on the World Albums Chart and with her 7th album!

December 19, Monday
    1. Postings on Facebook show Susan was out with friends at Balbairdie Inn in Bathgate.

2. Spotify today had 1,665,347 monthly listeners.

3. More sales rankings on iTunes for A Wonderful World posted by Sherry from Florida:#20 Vietnam; #116 New Zealand; #176 Philippines; #194 Canada.
    • Songs from on AWW, “Unchained Melody” #186 Spain; “Like a Prayer” #84 Philippines; “When You Wish Upon A Star”; #153 Philippines.

December 20, Tuesday
    1. Posted by Sherry from Florida: AWW out of stock Amazon Canada; The Gift out of stock Amazon Canada; The Gift out of stock Amazon UK; Home For Christmas 2 left in stock Amazon UK; and The Gift, 3 left in stock Amazon US.

December 21, Wednesday

1. More world rankings for Susan’s albums posted by Sherry from Florida:
    • Spotify had 1,755,649 monthly listeners.
    • ITunes Canada – AWW #142; ITunes Vietnam –A Wonderful World #36; Home for Christmas ,# 41.

December 22, Thursday
    1. Susan was out and about locally; a tweet: “Legit just walked past Susan Boyle in Livingston. She's a lot smaller in person.”

2. A tweet from December 1 when Susan was also out and about: “Was in Bathgate today n the factory shop n in walks Susan Boyle - no airs or graces-as normal as can be-made. My day, it did!”

December 23, Friday
    1. Susan was out and about in Livingston: posted on Instagram from Livingston Designer Outlet:
    • “When your best pal drops into work.”
    • “Subo is doing some amount of shopping. She was hanging out in schuh last week.”
    • “Aye Ken she gets around, she was doing a good deed today bless her.” https://instagram.com/p/BOXgxurg8Ou/
    • From Facebook: “Oor Susan Boyle doin a bit eh the Xmas shopping”
    “Just back from Livingston shopping and t wouldn't be Christmas without my annual Susan Boyle picture. Excuse how ugly I look in it but every year I manage to bump in to her somewhere the past 3 years at Christmas time, wee lamb that she is!!”

2. More sales rankings from Sherry from Florida:
    • New Zealand album chart AWW #10 (4th week of release in New Zealand) 10 - 8 - 8 - 10
    • Amazon US AWW #88 bestsellers cds; Amazon CA AWW #8 Broadway and Vocalists; #125 bestsellers music.
    • Spotify total of monthly listeners, yesterday 1,808,810 and today 1,880,908.

December 24, Saturday
    1. More sales rankings posted by Sherry from Florida:
    • In Australia, AWW is same position as last week with a chart run of 14-22-30-30.
    • Spotify had the largest jump yet, “over 116,000 more since yesterday” to 1,997,187 monthly listeners!
    A Wonderful World on iTunes, #41 Hong Kong; #44 Vietnam; #69 Indonesia

2. In the Philippines, Inquirer.net posted a review of A Wonderful World by Rito P. Asilo, “Feel-good carols, pop charmers spread holiday cheer”. The review in its entirety:
    “For its part, the recording “A Wonderful World” may be Susan Boyle’s lowest-charting album on the Billboard 200 chart (it peaked at No. 150, while 2014’s “Hope” debuted at No. 16), but it is also ironically one of the performer’s most accomplished collections.
    “The 10-track compilation, her seventh, cleverly utilizes the 55-year-old songstress’ celestial pipes in tunes that suit her singing style. The lineup astutely uses her stratospheric trills in arrangements that make her sound nothing less than angelic, especially in her covers of Paul McCartney’s “Mull of Kintyre,” the Disney classic “When You Wish Upon a Star,” Abba’s poignant “I Have a Dream,” Robbie Williams’ “Angels,” and Boyle’s understated but exquisitely sung version of Louis Armstrong’s “What a Wonderful World.”
    “Yes, the album still feels “safe,” but there are numbers that demonstrate the songstress’ willingness to “stretch and diversify”: She sings a duet with a “digitized” Nat King Cole, who died in 1965 at age 45, in Victor Young and Edward Heyman’s “When I Fall in Love,” and with the steel-voiced Michael Bolton in “Somewhere Out There,” which was first popularized by Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram in 1986.
    “If these don’t impress you, jump to the album’s ninth cut, and you’ll hear Boyle singing Madonna’s “Like A Prayer” like an ethereal church hymn—and, the good news is, she doesn’t disappoint!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://susanboyle-professionalsinger.com/ CLICK for LucyB’s website for her on-going series of books, Susan Boyle, Professional Singer, that chronicle Susan’s professional activities since July 2009.
    http://susanboyle-professionalsinger...hth-year-2016/ CLICK for monthly Highlights on LucyB’s website for monthly summaries of Susan’s public activities from January 2009 through November 30, 2016

Lucy, you are always on faithful duty for us. Thank you for your Christmas Day report. -And, a very happy Season to you.

Comment

Originally posted by ejt4smb View Post
      Lucy, you are always on faithful duty for us. Thank you for your Christmas Day report. -And, a very happy Season to you.
      Beautifully said, etj4smb! I echo what she said!!

Comment

Thank you Lucy, and Merry Christmas!!

Comment

Thank you, LucyB, for all your hard work. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Comment

Working...
          X