No announcement yet.

Why Susan Boyle Deserves Honorary Degree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate to ask this, and let everyone know what a sap I am, but I imagine you all suspect it anyway. LOL My question--wasn't it the Nobel Peace Prize that Obama won in 2009, or near that?
    "Dear Father hear and bless thy beasts and singing birds, and guard with tenderness small things that have no words."

Comment

Originally posted by soothed View Post
      Maybe we could qualify as advisors to the Nobel committee......lolol Then we could nominate Susan.....lol Where there's a will there's a way.....lol
      I doubt that anyone here is uninformed about the Nobel Peace Prize, but the idea of Susan being awarded it because of the amazing message of hope she brought around the world is why it is often mentioned. ♥
      "To love a person is to know the song in their heart & sing it to them when they've forgotten."
      They come, they come, to build a wall between us...we know they won't win." Don't dream it's over.

Comment

Originally posted by Ponylady View Post
        I doubt that anyone here is uninformed about the Nobel Peace Prize, but the idea of Susan being awarded it because of the amazing message of hope she brought around the world is why it is often mentioned. ♥
        Often mentioned and by whom? This is the most ridiculous thing I have heard here in six years. I can go with maybe Dame Susan in say, 10 years but how diminishing of the Nobel Peace Prize. I cannot believe you folks are not joking. maybe I am missing the gag?
        I am not feeling well, so maybe my sense of humor is missing something?
        I believe Mother Teresa may have won a Nobel Prize.
        Susan is no Mother Teresa, she is a singer. She does some local charities and more power to her for that. But her life has not been about ministering to the lepers and hungry - I think she would find this discussion quite offensive. Sorry
        Last edited by terijay7; 06-10-2015, 08:50 PM.
        sigpic"

Caveat: All opinions expressed are in my humble opinion unless stated otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by terijay7 View Post
          Sorry. The Nobel Peace Prize is something for people who impact the world and no entertainer has ever received it.

WHY no one has posted this here is beyond me.

"The Norwegian Nobel Committee each year awards the Nobel Peace Prize (Norwegian and Swedish: Nobels fredspris) "to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses."[1] It is one of the five Nobel Prizes established by the 1895 will of Alfred Nobel (who died in 1896), awarded for outstanding contributions in chemistry, physics, literature, peace, and physiology or medicine.[2]"
          Teri, I'm sorry too, IMO there has never been an artist/entertainer like Susan, an unknown Susan Boyle via her voice and performance delivered to a weary world a dosage of medicine that lifted spirits from doom and provided some peace of mind to millions whose gloom had made them forget about their dreams. Perhaps no award for that, but it does not make me stop thinking Susan deserved it. IMO
          Last edited by whiskers; 06-10-2015, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Often mentioned and by whom? This is the most ridiculous thing I have heard here in six years. I can go with maybe Dame Susan in say, 10 years but how diminishing of the Nobel Peace Prize. I cannot believe you folks are not joking. maybe I am missing the gag?
            Susan is no Mother Teresa, she is a singer. She does some local charities and more power to her for that. But her life has not been about ministering to the lepers and hungry - I think she would find this discussion quite offensive. Sorry
            Teri, I WAS joking when I mentioned it. I apoplogise.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by woody View Post
              Teri, I WAS joking when I mentioned it. I apoplogise.
              I knew you were joking but then a few took it seriously, I think! Not a big deal. Just no entertainer ever won it to my knowledge.
              sigpic"

Caveat: All opinions expressed are in my humble opinion unless stated otherwise.

Comment

There is always a first. Susan has had plenty of them. And I did not take this seriously, but I sometimes wonder at who gets that award.

Comment

Sorry you aren't feeling well, but yes you did miss that no one here took it seriously regarding the actual prize. It was mentioned in jest along with the "why wasn't she at the Grammy Awards" and the cartoon of the plane on the Hudson and Susan singing as part of the most amazing "heroes" of that time.

and Whiskers!!!! So well said. ♥
                  "To love a person is to know the song in their heart & sing it to them when they've forgotten."
                  They come, they come, to build a wall between us...we know they won't win." Don't dream it's over.

Comment

Thank You Bill ...some ppl say she bought it...some say she didn't sweat over doing a disertation...if they actually know what she has done over the past 6 yrs maybe they wouldn't diss her...i can not think of anyone more deserving then our Susan

Comment

• Wonder what the naysayers have done lately........

Comment

Working...
                      X