June 25-July 1: Susa-News Summary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 25-July 1: Susa-News Summary

We, as her adoring fans, are privileged to constantly watch and enjoy the public activities of Global Superstar, Susan Boyle. I am maintaining a daily log of the highlights of Susa-news and not editorializing toooo much. Accuracy is very important – PLEASE PM any additions and/or corrections to me. I’ve tried to credit the right Fan where possible. Please forgive my mistakes and send me a correction.

June 25-July 1: More Susa-News

June 25, Sunday

1. Susan visited with family and friends at her home. Joseph Boyle (in back) posted 3 pictures and a video taken at Susan’s house on his Facebook page with Susan, her other brother John (in green and white stripes), as well as SBFII member Sherry Kelly (in foreground).
    https://www.facebook.com/joseph.boyl...95721460769275

June 26, Monday
    1. New York media commented about the news reports from June 24.
    • Pagesix.com, the Gossip section of the New York Post, posted “Susan Boyle harassed by pack of hoodlums in Scotland” by Derrick Bryson Taylor. Some highlights:
    The insider adds that Boyle initially hoped the teens would stop their bad behavior on their own, but they haven’t. For now, Boyle’s family members, neighbors and local police are putting together a game plan to stop the harassment.
    “’We will be speaking to the police with regards to these incidents,’ a rep for Boyle said in a statement.
    “‘It all came out of the blue at the end of last week,’ an insider told us. ‘Because Susan is very much of the mindset that she doesn’t want to cause any problems or be any bother. She didn’t actually tell anyone but she mentioned something a couple of months ago. But she downplayed it … Other members of the community have been victims as well.’”
    • Nydailynews.com/entertainment posted “Scottish singer Susan Boyle has reportedly been subject to attacks by a gang of youths” by Nicki Gostin. Some highlights:
    “A gang of up to 15 youths is reportedly harassing and verbally assaulting Scottish singer Susan Boyle, who became a viral sensation with her powerful rendition of “I Dreamed A Dream” on “Britain’s Got Talent.” In one incident the group, mainly boys, set paper on fire and tossed it at her, reports The Mirror.

June 27, Tuesday
    1. Thesun.co.uk posted “Susan Boyle puts on a brave face as she emerges for the first time since attack by teen yobs”, an exclusive by Lauren Franklin. Some highlights:
    “Susan made headlines in June 2017 after being victim to vile bullies in her hometown. Witnesses said the singer has been left in fear after being insulted and intimidated. A spokesman for the 56-year-old said the situation has become so bad they are planning to get police involved to make sure she is safe.”

June 28, Wednesday
    1. Posted by Police Scotland on their Facebook page, in its entirety:
    “FALSE MEDIA REPORTS REGARDING YOUTH DISORDER IN BLACKBURN AREA OF WEST LOTHIAN
    “We would like to reassure the public that recent claims made in the media - regarding an individual being targeted by youths in West Lothian and local officers failing to take action against this - are false.
    “Prior to these news articles, officers had not received any complaints or information from the local community regarding a specific individual being targeted and/or harassed by teenagers in the Blackburn area.
    “Following the media coverage, we conducted significant enquiries within the local community and spoke to a number of residents. Although it wouldn't be appropriate for us to comment on a specific person, we are satisified that we've spoken to all the necessary people.
    “The situation remains as it did prior to these media articles - no such complaints have been made to us and we have not received any information to substantiate the claims being made in the media.
    “If we were to receive any complaints or information regarding such behaviour, we would be ensuring that any victims were offered the appropriate support and we'd be working to take swift action against any perpetrators.”

June 28, Wednesday
    1. An older Blackburn resident posted on Facebook: “Susan said there's a ring leader and he's over ‘16’ if I could find out his name I could talk with his folks! She's getting circled, spat on and cigarettes flicked onto the fur coat she treated herself to as well as ‘spazie’ and ‘mistake’ among a few she mentioned. She's trying to stand strong but her eyes tell all. Thanks for everyone's input, that might frighten them of! It's not a ‘one off’! X”

June 29, Thursday

June 30, Friday

July 1, Saturday

1. Susan was out and about at The Thistles, a large shopping center in Stirling; a tweet:
    • “Just spotted Susan Boyle in the thistles #celebspotting”

2. Dailymail.co.uk posted an extended report for their Sunday readers, “I won't let thugs drive me from my home: Susan Boyle reveals years of horrific abuse at hands of youngsters who throw stones and burning papers at her childhood house - but she insists it's still the place she feels most safe” by Katie Hind. Just a few highlights:
    • “From the outside, it's nothing special: a former council house, coated liberally with grey pebbledash. But for Susan Boyle, it is very much her sanctuary. And nothing – not even a gang of hooligans – will drive her away from the place she calls home.”
    • “In doing so, she sadly put herself back at the mercy of the gangs of bullies – spanning generations – who have taken delight in tormenting her when she goes about her chores in Blackburn, West Lothian. But Susan is braving it out, in the knowledge that it will end when the 'laddies' grow up. 'I'm waiting for an apology from these people because it has happened before,' she sighs. 'There have been generations through the years who have done similar things to me and said similar things. 'But they have grown up, become fathers themselves and calmed down. And when they grow up they have apologised to me. They say sorry because they realise what they have done is wrong. I hope and expect the same will happen this time around.'”
    • “On July 15, Susan will perform five songs as part of a music spectacular at Glamis Castle – childhood home of the late Queen Mother and the setting for Shakespeare's Macbeth. She is so excited by the booking that she made a 30-mile return bus trip to Falkirk to buy a dress for the occasion. She refuses to say how much it cost, but insists it is 'special' and 'worth every penny'.”
    • “Susan has also lost weight, going from 12st to 10st, due to a more active lifestyle. She says: 'I walk to my local Tesco every day – it's quite a way so it has helped me lose a lot weight. I have also cut out biscuits and sweets completely, which has been hard because I have such a sweet tooth. 'I do feel good on it though – I feel slimmer and so much happier. I'm in a good place despite the past few weeks. I will not let a group of young, silly boys affect my happiness.'”
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz4lfFAxSPK

3. A tweet from Katie Hind: “I spoke to the amazingly brave @SusanBoyleHQ about the horrific bullies who have made her life hell.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The revised editions of my books, Susan Boyle, Professional Singer, by 15 six month periods covering July 1, 2009 through December 31, 2016 are now available as Kindle e-Books only at Amazon, just $6.85 per eBook. They are inter-active books with the text acting as a “tour guide” with the active links to the best YouTube video and/or audio that are available of many of Susan's performances and/or interviews.

Thank you agan, LucyB. It's getting more time-consuming for you again these days.
    You who think yourself young, just have a look at this woman, she has kept a heart of gold and a pure soul … (French commentator)

Please support your Forum: You may buy anything from Amazon through the SuboStore by clicking on "Shopping" (light-blue banner at top of page).

Comment

Working...
    X