TWIWBTB in your local public libraries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWIWBTB in your local public libraries

Out of curiosity, I looked at the online card catalogue for books within the Peninsula Library System (the peninsula south of San Francisco, California).

Eight libraries in the Peninsula Library System have a copy of TWIWBTB. Of these, currently 7 are checked out. Our Susan is a popular person in the libraries here!

How about your local library system?
    Blessings & Bear Hugs
    SusaFan Squad member
    Supporting Susan in a Positive Way

Originally posted by MarieUrsula View Post
    Out of curiosity, I looked at the online card catalogue for books within the Peninsula Library System (the peninsula south of San Francisco, California).

Eight libraries in the Peninsula Library System have a copy of TWIWBTB. Of these, currently 7 are checked out. Our Susan is a popular person in the libraries here!

How about your local library system?
    I'll check and see. Interesing. Thanks, MarieUrsala.
    sigpic"There will always be plenty of people who will give up on you. No need to give up on yourself" Susan Boyle

Comment

Much to my disappointment, my library system (one of the nation's largest) didn't deem her biography worthy of purchase for any of its 23 branches, nor her two albums. It's not even available from our state's e-book or e-audio databases. Granted, there have been major cutbacks in the library's print and media budgets in the past two years, but I used to be a head librarian in this system and I occasionally encountered a wee bit of intellectual snobbery in collection purchase decisions in the past.

Comment

How about your local library system?[/QUOTE]

I donated one to our main library and will be donating another one to a local library. If I'm reading the library catalog correctly, there are 11 copies in my city. 6 are out, and 5 are available. Various libraries in the city have copies of both Susan's CD's and they are very popular. No surprise there![/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

I checked online and noticed several of the libraries in our city have copies of TWIWBTB and also
          large print editions.They also have both IDAD and the Gift cds.The Gift was all checked out,but couldnt find
          if books were as it wouldnt update status.I live in Ontario Canada.
          sigpic

Comment

Our city only has one copy of the book and one of the CD. I checked central AR and found a few other systems that had copies.
            sigpic"There will always be plenty of people who will give up on you. No need to give up on yourself" Susan Boyle

Comment

Last summer I requested that my local public library order The Woman I Was Born To Be, and I asked to be put of the list so I could check it out. I got a call from the library telling me Susan's autobiography was in and ready for me to check out several days before the book was to be officially released!

In the town where I live the main library, mall branch, and the bookmobile all have Susan's book. The main library's copy and the bookmobile's copy are both checked out. There is a reserve-hold on the bookmobile's copy which is the large-print edition.

The county library system where I live has copies of The Woman I Was Born To Be in six of its branches. One of the copies is the book on CD. Five of the six copies are checked out at the present time.
              Last edited by Hampsong-Ohio; 02-05-2011, 11:14 PM.

Comment

My local library system has five Gift cds, two are currently out. Six IDAD, two are out. Six copies of TWIWBTB, four are out.
                Support your Forum: shop SuBo store, "Shopping" -- light blue banner at the top of the page

Comment

It looks like there are only 5 copies in the Chicago library system, all are out but one - in a closed section?? Confused.

Comment

I donated the book to our local library as they didn't have it. now I see it's checked out as it has been every time I've looked since last fall. a neighboring town (sports rival) has the book and it's not checked out. what's wrong with those people!
                    Even in hard times there's a possibility to have fun.

Eyden I

Comment

Nice sleuthing, fans. Well, we ARE an "investigative bunch."
                      Blessings & Bear Hugs
                      SusaFan Squad member

Comment

Originally posted by BarbaraG View Post
                        It looks like there are only 5 copies in the Chicago library system, all are out but one - in a closed section?? Confused.
                        Oh, we need to work on that. And a big welcome, BarbaraG! I'm in North Sub of Chicago, as is Cicichi, so lets contact our local libraries and see what's up with that! Any other Chicago folks quietly visiting here?
                        "To love a person is to know the song in their heart & sing it to them when they've forgotten."
                        They come, they come, to build a wall between us...we know they won't win." Don't dream it's over.

Comment

I stopped by a branch of the South San Francisco library this week. In the "new books" section, I found two copies of TWIWBTB ~ which I did not donate! Happy reading, folks.
                          Blessings & Bear Hugs
                          SusaFan Squad member

Comment

Working...
                          X