Susan Boyle and Les Miserables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susan Boyle and Les Miserables

Shortly after the movie Les Miserables came out in theaters across the world, I created a Tribute Video honoring the impact that Susan Boyle had in the process of finally getting this movie made. There had been previous efforts in the 1990's to bring Les Miserables to the Big Screen without success. I suspect that this fabulous movie never would have been made without the incredible worldwide phenomenon that is Susan Boyle.

https://youtu.be/PgcAcb7EbrM

Dave, great to see you posting and thanks for the video, wonderful info plus hearing Susan sing "Memory" is a treat beyond compare. I have often wondered if Susan or we will ever really know the true impact Susan has had on the world and it's people in so many ways.

Comment

Great video, davclas, thank you so much. Susan singing memory always brings chills and thrills. And I think you were right that she probably was responsible for the movie being made and the show continuing on the stage as well.

Comment

Susan does bring thrills and chills. I always choke up when I hear Memory. Thank you for creating this beautiful and fact filled video , davclas.
        SHOP AMAZON
        Support the Forum

http://forum.susan-boyle.com/threads...here-on-Amazon

Comment

Its for sure that Susan's wonderful rendition of Memories was responsible for Les Miserable's rejuvenation.

Comment

Originally posted by jordie View Post
            Its for sure that Susan's wonderful rendition of Memories was responsible for Les Miserable's rejuvenation.
            Certainly, it was Susan's version of "IDAD", as Cameron Mackintosh, Les Miz' producer, said. Les Miz sales WW were beginning to slump and that iconic performance reinvigorated them..

I believe Memory is from another ALW musical,"CATS".
            Last edited by trennie; 03-21-2017, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trennie View Post
              Certainly, it was Susan's version of "IDAD", as Cameron Mackintosh, Les Miz' producer, said. Les Miz sales WW were beginning to slump and that iconic performance reinvigorated them..

I believe Memory is from another ALW musical,"CATS".
              I think, you are right, trenni. IDAD is from "Les Miserables", "Memory" is from "Cats". But it is really amazing, what Susan`s performance did for "Les Miz". I wished, more people would appreciate or at least know this.

Comment

The 4 men most closely connected with the song IDAD have all recognized Susan's influence on the song and the continued success thereafter, of Les Mis - as GeliWho says, a shame more don't realize this truth!

"Support our Forum using the Subo store for your online shopping.
                Click on the upper left "Amazon.com" (.co.uk, or .ca) to buy anything.
                http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreUSA
                http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreUK
                http://susan-boyle.com/pages/SubostoreCA

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianBill View Post
                  The 4 men most closely connected with the song IDAD have all recognized Susan's influence on the song and the continued success thereafter, of Les Mis - as GeliWho says, a shame more don't realize this truth!

That says it all in Spades,Bill. Any chance of getting this out to the public?

Comment

Bill, you absolutely nailed the description of those magical days and years. I was there on this site almost from 'Day One' and the experience changed my life forever. I still get chills listening to her today. Thank you!!

Comment

I have recently been traveling down Memory Lane while listening to the angelic voice of Susan Boyle during a period of reflection about those high and heady days when Susan first took the world by storm. She has never lost the ability to move people emotionally on an entirely deeper way than other singers on the world stage.
                      Thanks, Whiskers.

Comment

And thank YOU, davclas.
                        Jean W Kirkland = SB Fan!
                        sigpicImagine where she'll be 20 years from now - where she will have gone, who she will have inspired, given hope to, even mentored.
                        Bless this woman for who she is! Honest, Wholesome, Real and Persevering!
                        (Taken from Youtube comment 2009)

Comment

Trennie....Of course you are right that Susan's IDAD is the iconic performance that turned Les Miz around. I had it wrong about Memories. I stand corrected indeed.

Comment

Working...
                          X